*PRAYERS please* Off to the Evet with Caiza!

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
He started throwing up blood this morning and hasn't thrown up since 6:30 am only to do it again just in the past few minutes 3:00 pm. Other than that he has been fine :( His stomach is making some crazy noises...........Wish us luck, I am shaking right now :(

RD

Are you dead yet?
Oh, no. Could he have gotten into anything?

Tons of good vibes being sent Caiza's way...

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
HOLDING YOU IN SILENT MEDITATION...(my mama always said that when we were in great crisis, and somehow i think it helped) i am so sorry.

Doberluv

Oh! I am so sorry. Poor Caiza. What the heck can this be? I do hope he'll be OK. Sending my thoughts and prayers.

Oh man, that is awful. Good vibes and HUgs are sent your way. Keep u s updated, and I will be checking frequently.

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
Possible IBD, Gastroenteritis/colitis, or early hemorrhagic gastroenteritis....

Okay guys we are back! After 3 long hours at the Evet (but I talked to some WONDERFUL people to pass the time :) ) First off he had to be sedated for his exam because of his anxiety level. He had Xrays done on his abdomen to check for a blockage other than the gas and lots of soft stool in his colon everything looked good. He had a fever and was a bit dehydrated. A critical blood screen was done and showed high normal kidney values (likely secondary to dehydration) Blood and urine samples were also put on hold if his issues do not get better. He was given subcutaneous fluids and now looks like the hunch back of notre dame :( They said it will go down in about 12 hours as his body absorbs it. He also can't eat until tomorrow morning and I already was fasting him today...poor boy. boiled hamburg and rice for a few days, pepcid AC, and flagyl for 7 days. Hopefully he will be back to himself soon. Now, I have to find a food that he can eat that has one protein source and one carb. Anybody know of anything good for a dog with GI issues please let me know. Otherwise, I may consult with Mordy! Thanks guys for all the support you guys are truly the BEST :hail: :) !

Members online

No members online now.