Without further adieu...photos for you!

Doberluv

My new house, all decked out for the holidays, along with the dogs, not looking too enthusiastic at the moment. I caught them in the middle of their beauty sleep and disturbed them. Jose`, eventually decided it was not a bad idea to wake up and roll around on the carpet for a bit.

My fake Xmas tree :eek:

Okay....I'm game.

Now I'm really waking up:

more....

Doberluv

dining/parlor

a guest room

another guest room

love my laundry room

my bath...can't see the whole thing

my RED powder room. lol

That's it for now! :p

Zoom

Twin 2.0
What a cute house! I really like how you've got it decorated and those quilts on the guest beds remind me of my grandma's house/her friend's houses.

Love your plug-in, too! ;)

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Your new house is gorgeous! I love how you've decorated it for Christmas- it looks so pretty and festive!

Glad to (finally!) see new pictures of the chis! They both look great! Chuli reminds me of Rylie, and Jose is such an awesome color :D

So, now that we know your camera works, I'm expecting to see pictures more often! :p

Doberluv

Thanks guys. LOL Zoom...yup. I use to sell Scentsy. I love those things. I also had to resort to hanging up some of my own art work. (a-h-h)This house is bigger than my recent house and I ran out of art work. Those quilts are new. I love them. It took me a long time to choose them. I am sort of a traditionalist, I guess and like a little of that country look, but also like the Queen Anne look. I guess my house is rather eclectic.

This is so different from what I'm use to....the neighborhood thing...houses soooo close together. (at least I don't have any behind me) But so far, its working out nicely. I'm loving the small amount of outdoor work and seems to be nice neighbors.

LOL Jessie. It wasn't my camera. It was something I was doing wrong with Photo bucket and the computer. But now I think I've got it. :p

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Thanks guys. LOL Zoom...yup. I use to sell Scentsy. I love those things. I also had to resort to hanging up some of my own art work. (a-h-h)This house is bigger than my recent house and I ran out of art work.

This is so different from what I'm use to....the neighborhood thing...houses soooo close together. (at least I don't have any behind me) But so far, its working out nicely. I'm loving the small amount of outdoor work and seems to be nice neighbors.

LOL Jessie. It wasn't my camera. It was something I was doing wrong with Photo bucket and the computer. But now I think I've got it. :p
I went from an opposite situation than you did- apartment to a neighborhood, so even the neighborhood feels more private than the apartment did! Hopefully you have a quiet neighborhood- mine is mostly retirees and families, and I've never had any issues with noise or parties (knock on wood!). It is nice having a smallish yard, though... makes it so easy to keep it looking nice!

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Beautiful!! I love it, and the decorations are awesome! Chihuahuas <3 I agree with Jessie, we need more pictures now that you have a camera!

milos_mommy

Perspective is so funny, when I saw these pictures I'm like "...I thought she moved to a CITY!" lol. But your home is beautiful and you've done a great job decorating...the chis are adorable, it's nice to see them finally :)

CaliTerp07

That's beautiful! I love the colors in your kitchen--the dark look is gorgeous. And I just want to sink my toes into that fluffy carpet!

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
What a gorgeous place, Carrie! It looks so pretty, and I love your decorations!

... And of course the Chi's :)

Totally love the cabinetry in your kitchen. That's what I had wanted to put in mine when I bought the house, but humongous (16 X 16) kitchen and too much other stuff to do meant sucking it up and settling for the oak ones :(

Taqroy

Your house is so pretty!! I love it and the Chis (who we NEED more pictures of). If I ever make it out that way I know who I'm staying with. ;)

Did you do the artwork in the powder room?? I really like it.

Barb04

Super Moderator
You've decorated it so nicely. I really like it. You've done more in a little time than I've done in 4 years. I still don't have my place set up to feel like "home".

Doberluv

Perspective is so funny, when I saw these pictures I'm like "...I thought she moved to a CITY!" lol. But your home is beautiful and you've done a great job decorating...the chis are adorable, it's nice to see them finally
LOL. You're right. It all depends what you're comparing to. From where I moved, it IS the city, a pretty big city. Of course, from my perspective, anything with a building on it is a city.:rofl1: No, there are about 60,000 people here. It is in the city limits but I guess it's really the suburbs. It takes me about 10 minutes to get to where the action is. There is also a little, wee strip mall thing about 3 miles down the way.

Renee...the cabinets are pretty. Your oak though, is VERY hard and durable. But this house is a tract home, so although there are some extras, like some nice word work, some hardwood, some granite tile, not slab, there are also some places where costs were kept down, like no forced air heat, but wall heaters, (which at first I was appalled with, but now am starting to like them as you can really control the zones where you want heat) no fireplace (arrrrgggg) (might be able to put that in later). It's not custom. But the price tag reflected that. I'm lovin' it. It's got decent sq. footage compared to what I had before, 2100 vs 924... so it's fun. I can finally use my big, Oriental rug. It was up in my loft in the other place for 10 years. I was amazed that it wasn't damaged at all. My son wrapped it up very, very well and it kept mice and mustiness completely out.

One bad thing is there isn't much sun in the back yard, as it faces north. The front will be sunny. It never occurred to me when I was looking at houses to buy. So, it will be hard to grow a lot of things in the gardens back there. Maybe begonias and impatiens. lol.

Barb...I had help from my ex hanging up my pictures and mirrors and stuff. Once I get started on a project, I can't rest until it's finished. I'm kind of compulsive that way. You're probably more relaxed. If you want to get your place to feel like "home," maybe just take it in baby steps, one room at a time and do a little something, nothing major.

Actually, I am only finished with the stuff I have. My Mom said she has some very nice pictures for me that need framing. And I could use one or two in the family room or else I might have to resort to more of my own art work.:eek: I don't have a dining table for the formal dining room....which is kind of useless...very small. But whatever...lol. So, that is not "finished." My bed room is pretty large and only has one little dresser, a bed and two small bedside tables. It looks very sparse. I could do cart wheels in there. Well, maybe I wouldn't do that. So, it's not really completely "done." But that will give me more projects. lol.

Actually, from what I recall, your yard is gorgeous. You've done amazing things with that. You can come here and do something about my sterile looking yard. :p It needs an artistic over-haul.

Taq....you are welcome anytime. Yes, thank you....I painted those pictures and some of the others in the house. That one in the guest room I did when I was in high school. I copied the idea off of a Yankee magazine cover. It was a Norman Rockwell. Those in the powder room I did fairly recently...messed up the clouds in the lighthouse picture and can't fix them because the paper is maxed out with water and starting to crumble. The other one is a covered bridge, but there's a glare on it in this picture.

Well, thanks everybody for such generous and kind comments. I will for sure, get some more pictures of the Chi-chis. There's nice park (not a dog park...just a city park) I took them to the other day. Maybe I'll get some pictures from there.

Yah, the oak is durable, lol. It's also not the most attractive wood and in a kitchen the size of mine that's a LOT of oak :eek: But there's not a stitch of oak anywhere else so I can live with it there :D Better than those white laminate covered cabinets :eek:

But I really, really covet yours ;)

Members online

No members online now.