Had a Science diet representative edumacate me!

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
Supposedly Science diet food is the best food out there. Why? Cause the repesentative said so. They have huge facilities for testing and what not.
Also Corn has supposedly gotten a bad wrap and its good for our dogs.:rolleyes:
She even said Royal Canin, Evo and the other good dog foods arent as good as science diet. WHOAAAAA BESSY!:lol-sign:
AHHH Im glad I know better:D

Doberluv

It has a lot of preservatives and junk in it....not too much meat, right? I had a vet tell me however, that having some non-digestable fiber, such as corn is good because they do need some roughage and this does bulk up their stools. So, I have mixed feelings about a little corn in the diet.

My vet sells science diet too. If I go in there to get something like heartguard or something they always ask if that's all I need and I say yes. They say do you need food or anything. I say no thanks. They don't ask me what I'm feeding Bear and I know that if they did they would tell me how science diet is the BEST and I need to use that. I don't even get into it with them.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
yup i had a sci die rep try to tell me that their food is better than Raw feeding *rolls eyes*
its no wonder so many people still feed it. their reps are either realy clueless and BELIVE the info videos theyve had pumped into their brain during training or there just like car salesmen...lol.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
My grandpa feeds his dog Science Diet and he thinks it's the best out there and no one can convince him otherwise.
I have yet to meet a vet who sells good foods.

showpug

The vets at the clinic I worked for were educated by the Hills (company that makes Science Diet) reps, along with the rest of the staff. They would get free food and incentives for selling the food. They knew nothing more about diet than what the food companies wanted them to believe. We were always told how bad the good foods were LOL!! I wanted to fall alsleep during those seminars.:rolleyes:

I was looking at the Hills website the other day because I wanted to look back at how horrible the food is and OH MY, it is HORRIBLE!!!!

showpug

Kinda makes you wonder if they really believe that, or if they're just doing their job and selling a product.
Well, the clinic I worked for had two vets. One owned the place and the other one just worked there. The vet that just worked there fed her dogs Canidae, but had to recommend the Science Diet to the clients. Go figure:rolleyes:

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Oh yeah. I love the thought of paying premium prices for corn and byproducts. Science diet is great feed for chickens. All the vets sell it. That's because Hill's woos them and Hills knows that most vets don't know squat about nutrition. They hand out scholarships to vet school. They make the sale of their food very profitable, since it probably costs them pennies to produce that horrible stuff.

Hills should be indicted for the crap they sell at that price. As more and more people become wiser, I predict that stuff will one day land on the supermarket shelf next to purina dog chow.

The clinic I go to sells science diet. But none of the vets feed it to their dogs or cats. Funny huh.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Our vet sells Royal Canin, but there is no hard sell with them.. We don't get Evo or anything simular here, so Canin is literally the best food on the market here!

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Check out their "Advanced Protection" food. What are they protecting the dog from? Meat?????:

Ingredients
Ground Whole Grain Corn, Chicken By-Product Meal, Soybean Meal, Animal Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Flaxseed, Chicken Liver Flavor, Dried Egg Product, Dried Carrots, Dried Spinach, Dried Grape Pomace, Dried Tomato Pomace, Dried Citrus Pulp, Soybean Oil, Oat Fiber, Iodized Salt, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, vitamins (L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate(source of Vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Folic Acid Vitamin D3 Supplement), Potassium Chloride, Taurine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-carnitine, preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract.

showpug

Check out their "Advanced Protection" food. What are they protecting the dog from? Meat?????:

Ingredients
Ground Whole Grain Corn, Chicken By-Product Meal, Soybean Meal, Animal Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Flaxseed, Chicken Liver Flavor, Dried Egg Product, Dried Carrots, Dried Spinach, Dried Grape Pomace, Dried Tomato Pomace, Dried Citrus Pulp, Soybean Oil, Oat Fiber, Iodized Salt, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, vitamins (L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate(source of Vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Folic Acid Vitamin D3 Supplement), Potassium Chloride, Taurine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-carnitine, preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract.
Do you like how they refuse to add the actual fruit or vegetable in their food and only use the pomace or pulp;)

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Three cans for a dollar at Pathmark. $3.50 a bag. That's what they should be selling it for. Right next to Dad's special blend.

elegy

overdogged
the vets i work for now only sell the prescription food but they all think it's the best and feed it to their own pets. they've never even heard of the foods i feed, and i just refuse to get into the whole raw thing with them.

Ingredients
Heheheh . . . I like your style ;)

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Well.. DUH.. didn't you know that Science Diet WAS the best food out there..

corn, byproducts and animal fat is the new "good thing" to feed your dogs..

Gawd Momof7.. sometimes I wonder about you...

Your dogs are OBVIOUSLY half dead if you DONT feed this crap.. i mean quality food.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
You know what really kills me about Hill's is they cite studies and they do their own studies. Well, I can tell you that whenever I assess MYSELF I do really well.

Here's the acid test, Hill's. Put your own dog in the yard. Throw out a corn on the cob and a lamb shank and see which one he runs to.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
My fiancee works for a vet who loves Hill's. Anyway, she asked him what he fed our dogs and he said Timberwolf Organics. The vet said "Does the word Diamond mean anything to you?!" and stormed away.

I can't stand Science Diet... horrible, overpriced foods with awful ingredients. No thanks.

But yes, ground yellow corn, vats brimming with animal fat, and by-products are what is best for your dog... because it is a diet put together with science and recommended by vets. Duh!

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!

Ingredients
:lol-sign: :D :lol-sign:

Members online

No members online now.