LOL behaviorists would call this classical conditioning

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
So, I am on a new lifestyle change. I don't eat bread, pasta, french fries etc...

but once a month, on the first day of shark week, I allow myself free reign to eat whatever I want. So usually I end up splurging my calories on french fries and wings of some sort

So I am laying in bed, and suddenly seemingly out of nowhere I have the uncontrollable CRAVING for wings. like NOW. Which is strange because usually, I don't really miss the foods I give up to lose weight unless they are in front of me lol so I pick up the phone and order.

and about 10 minutes later go to the bathroom and..

boom. sharkweek.

The body/brain are very strange :rofl1:

Xandra

*thinking* I guess discovery in the US has shark week... once a month? how does that work... that's a lot of shark programs....

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
*thinking* I guess discovery in the US has shark week... once a month? how does that work... that's a lot of shark programs....
It's a nickname for getting your period lol probably should've made that clearer..

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Okay yeah I was totally thinking, wow Fran you are really into shark week. :lol-sign:

I did catch on at the end though!

My brain and body are so not that in tune.

Doberluv

So does that mean that every time you have shark week (didn't get that at first either. lol) you will have to have wings? Or every time you have wings, shark week will come upon you? :p

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Dude, I'm so slow. I was trying to figure out why there was a tv in your bathroom that you watch shark week on. Also I was all SHARK WEEK IS EVERY MONTH??

Taqroy

:rofl1: I'm on a different forum where women always go by shark week so every time I see a legit shark week thread on Chaz I snicker on the inside....

SaraB

I was massively confused on how her mind just KNEW shark week was on... I mean the human brain is a fantastically complex thing but I didn't know that it could accurately predict television programming.

Oh and yes, I'm totally calling it shark week from now on.

Saeleofu

you watch Shark Week in your bathroom too?!
Soooo...does this imply that you watch Shark Week in your bathroom and were excited to see someone else who did too? :rofl1: :rofl1:

FWIW I did have a roommate who actually had a TV in her bathrom o.0

JacksonsMom

Soooo...does this imply that you watch Shark Week in your bathroom and were excited to see someone else who did too? :rofl1: :rofl1:

FWIW I did have a roommate who actually had a TV in her bathrom o.0
LOL! I guess we are all typing like idiots today, Ha!

My dad and stepmom have a TV in their bathroom, but typically, no, Shark Week is NOT on. :rofl1:

Members online

No members online now.