We Joined a Playgroup! Have you?

Sush

The other day Sage and I got an invite on Dogster.com from a little chihuahua wanting to be our friend. Her mom was the organizer of a Chihuahuas and small breeds meetup group and invited us to join. I went to the website and joined! The members of the group meet at Dog Parks, Member's houses, and other animal related events. Do any of you belong to a playgroup? If not go to this website to see if they have any near you

Http://www.meetup.com

Ours is going to be so much fun, my first meet will be on Sep 23rd at a Dog Park in Brentwood. I'm so excited to get Sage out there to socailize with other little dogs just like her and to get to know their owners...a mixed group of young woman and men. We will keep you posted on how our meets go!

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Wow sounds REALLY cool!!!!! :D

I searched and there was only a small dog group in my area.....:(

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Thats awesome!! Congradulations!!

I'd LOVE to have a little play group with Riot consistantly, but I just dont trust most dog owners I dont know lol

Riot gets enough play time with his conformation show buddies, his S&R partner(another belgian), his RallyO buddies AND his agility buddies :)

Sush

People need to get together and start more groups in different areas, both big and small! Most of the members are responsible owners and treat their dogs as if they were their children like most of us! It's also a great way to do some networking among the owners. I'm so looking forward to trying it out :)

Hmmm, cool site, but we only had a pug one, a cockapoo, agility and rescue one. I'm surprised the meetups are so specific. It would be nice to have one for at least small dogs because I am avoiding the open dog parks because of some larger dogs playing to rough.

Hmmm, it says yo can make a meet up, maybe I will do that once I move into my new house. It has a fenced back yard. The only thing I would be concerned with is any squables between the dogs. Hmmm... now I'm getting ideas, I don't want to hijack your thread though so ill create a new one.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Ha ha ha ha ha ha! I searched for a doggie meet up near me and all I got happening within 50 miles of Chez Moi is.............French voters supporting Bernard Kouchner for Election 2007 (France) in Limoges! :p I think i'll give that one a miss!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! I searched for a doggie meet up near me and all I got happening within 50 miles of Chez Moi is.............French voters supporting Bernard Kouchner for Election 2007 (France) in Limoges! :p I think i'll give that one a miss!
That gives me ideas, Louie . . . maybe I should take the Riot Grrrrls to the next Neo-Con rally here . . . They are popping up like toadstools as elections are the first of November. We could create a bit of havoc - nothing as patriotic as a dose of good ol' American Civil Disobedience :D

Sush

I'm glad you guys are searching the site...too bad no one has been successful :( It's time for a success story other than mine!

Members online