Gus Update.....

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Well some of you will know Gus (Or Sir Gustav as he likes to be called) and some of you are yet to meet the loveable rogue!!

I thought it was about time that I gave everyone an upate as to his lordships latest antics. Gus is spearheading a campaign for world tradesmen domination, he is effectivley trying to charm sandwiches out of any and all builders, plumbers and electricians that happen to pass by the house. As some of you will know (especially after the fisherman/sandwich incident) that his powers of pursuation are highly developed, almost to the point of criminal! :rolleyes: Normally it starts with a toothy doggy grin, which then goes onto a sit, where he gives them each paw in turn, then it is a small "Please" woof, then up onto hindlegs and does a little dance, hops about for a bit then sits back down again and you can actually see his brain working thinking to himself..... "Well I tried the sit, paw, please, dance, jump routine, what more do they want??" And if that still doesn't work then he gives them a filthy look as if to say "Don't you know who I am" turns his back on them and refuses to even look at them for the rest of the day!! How did my dog get to be such a Prima Donna??? He gets it from someone!! (I think it may be me!! Lol)

Perle is her usual quiet self, lets Gus do ALL the leg work and then just reaps the rewards at the end for being in the right place at the right time!! I think she is the smarter of the two to be honest, she gets the treat without having to do the whole Circus routine! Lol!

anna84

awww he has a routine. lol if i was there he'd have me at his mercy no way i could resist giving him treats after the performance =)

Saje

Island dweller
Gus is so one-of-a-kind. And perle sounds like a perfect match! lol

For those that don't know gus you should list allll the 'tricks' he can do lol

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Has everyone got all night??? Lol! Hang on i'll think about it first, compile a list and then get back to ya!! :D

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Ok here's what I have remembered so far.....

Give us a paw, the other one, both of them.
Turn around - He does a little circle
He can actually say (with the changes in tone and everything)- "Hello" when I ask him where something is he says "I don't know", "Please" and "No"
Crawl
Roll Over
"Bang" you're dead (Plays dead)
Stand up and walk, Stand up and jump (am working on using a skipping rope), stand up and dance (he wiggles his hips, causes much hilarity)
Give us a smile - BIG tooty grin
Go get- and then name any toy he will bring the specific one you asked for, he will go and get Perle and his cats from wherever they are and somehow coax them into following.
Find the keys
Hide - he covers his nose with his paw

And there are probably more I have forgotten right now, will add them if and when I remember them! Lol! Yeah, have too much time on my hands! :D

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Saje said:
I want to hear a recording of him talking! lol
It's really funny, my mum when she came to visit hasn't seen Gus since he has started talking in earnest, and he went up to her and said "He-llo" and she just naturally said hello back without thinking, and then she stopped, turned round, looked at me and said "Gus just said hello to me, and I replied without thinking" It was hilarious to see how shocked she was!! Hee hee!

Saje

Island dweller
Man that would be so cute. Do you think Nanook could learn that or did he just do it himself?

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Saje said:
Man that would be so cute. Do you think Nanook could learn that or did he just do it himself?
I think it must be the Shepherd in him, I started with "Speak" then it was "Speak quieter" And then I went from there... He's a REALLY vocal dog anyway so that made it easier, but she has Husky too and they are real chatterboxes so I don't see why not. He likes to "Mimic" as well which helped. I don't see why she wouldn't copy you, you feel quite daft at times letting out dog like growls in order for them to copy, and then the only hard bit is getting them to listen to the changes in tone.

Saje

Island dweller
well she does like a challenge. She doesn't speak or quiet on command though. She's not as vocal as mikey or the pup.

bubbatd

I still love the first avatar you had of Gus when I joined...loved the hat !! EliN's Eli ( Golden) used to talk.... hello and G'monin' were so clear ... one time on Tom's birthday , he went into John with him and I swear he said..Appy bird-day to youuuuuuuuuuuuuu .....

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Renee750il said:
LOL! All Gus needs to accomplish world domination is a couple of "muscle dogs" :D
Hee hee! The Godguster, his catchphrase instead of "You talking to me?" Could be "You gonna eat that?"

Renee, please don't give my dog any ideas, i'm convinced he can read!! :D

filarotten

Fila the love
I love Gus stories. He is such a character...and so smart.

He reminds me a of a calculative muscle dog I know. The two together would take over the world.

Members online

No members online now.