my sister's new bundle!

ravennr

ಥ⌣ಥ
since i have to continue living vicariously through other dog owners, here's some photos of my sister's new white Akita
thought you guys might appreciate some new year puppy cuteness! they named him 'Crixus' after a character on Spartacus (i'm not entirely sure i'm saying his name right in my head, either)

puppy fever. :(

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
ZOMG, so cute!!!! Akitas are one breed I love and admire, but I'm not sure if I'd ever be fit to own one. But ZOMG, the cute.

He is RIDICULOUSLY adorable, beautiful, all things perfectly puppy :) And I have a big soft spot for Akitas. It it weren't for Filas that's a breed I would very likely have.

ravennr

ಥ⌣ಥ
He is RIDICULOUSLY adorable, beautiful, all things perfectly puppy :) And I have a big soft spot for Akitas. It it weren't for Filas that's a breed I would very likely have.

it's one of my favourites. if i weren't so set on a Chow again, i think we'd venture into looking at some of the Akitas or Akita mixes in rescue, or even an Akita Inu since smaller would be better for us.

i really hope my sister and her hubby do better with this Akita than their last. she had asked me to help them find a breed, and her hubby originally wanted a Bloodhound. their last Akita had to be re-homed because she changed quite a bit after their second child and ended up biting their son on the head and showing some distaste toward my sister when she was pregnant with their third. it tore them up and they still feel horrible about it. they bought a Maltese that they ended up giving to my sister because their daughter was terrible with it (much too young). everyone advised them against another dog, and i advised them against another Akita, but they did it anyway! i just hope things with Crixus go a lot smoother than they have with their last two dogs.

i told her she should join a good forum. ;)

LilahRoot

it's one of my favourites. if i weren't so set on a Chow again, i think we'd venture into looking at some of the Akitas or Akita mixes in rescue, or even an Akita Inu since smaller would be better for us.

i really hope my sister and her hubby do better with this Akita than their last. she had asked me to help them find a breed, and her hubby originally wanted a Bloodhound. their last Akita had to be re-homed because she changed quite a bit after their second child and ended up biting their son on the head and showing some distaste toward my sister when she was pregnant with their third. it tore them up and they still feel horrible about it. they bought a Maltese that they ended up giving to my sister because their daughter was terrible with it (much too young). everyone advised them against another dog, and i advised them against another Akita, but they did it anyway! i just hope things with Crixus go a lot smoother than they have with their last two dogs.

i told her she should join a good forum. ;)

Just wanted to point out that akita and akita inu are the same dog. The AKC doesn't recognize any difference between american akitas and japanese akitas, but Japan does.

He is so cute! I ended up getting a female akita puppy to train as my service dog, and I will never be without one ever again. They are truly amazing animals.

ravennr

ಥ⌣ಥ
Just wanted to point out that akita and akita inu are the same dog. The AKC doesn't recognize any difference between american akitas and japanese akitas, but Japan does.

He is so cute! I ended up getting a female akita puppy to train as my service dog, and I will never be without one ever again. They are truly amazing animals.
i know :) i am more partial to the japanese-style Akitas myself. Akita Inu is just shorter to type :p
lazy fingers!

Members online

No members online now.