Anyone ever seen this breed?

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I have to say, this is the ONLY forum I have ever seen where you need to survive an initiation ceremony of verbal abuse before you are 'accepted'.

I have posted time and time again on this matter, and it would seem, nothing will stop this broken record.

EVERY other forum I have seen (doggy related or not) welcomes people with open arms, smiles and questions.

And you know something, considering there are a large proportion of younger people on here, it is always THEY who suprise me with there understanding and open mindedness. It would seem SOME of the supposedly more responsible members methods of "educating" need brushing up.

Anyway....

Your puppy is adorable, and I am SURE you had a que of suitable and loving homes round the corner before they were even born :D

Make sure you keep the pictures coming :D

Alisha2324

What you lookin at?
Dizzy said:
I have to say, this is the ONLY forum I have ever seen where you need to survive an initiation ceremony of verbal abuse before you are 'accepted'.

I have posted time and time again on this matter, and it would seem, nothing will stop this broken record.

EVERY other forum I have seen (doggy related or not) welcomes people with open arms, smiles and questions.

I think you are very right it does seem a little hard to feel like you are "accepted" if at all. I have two mutts and would not change them for the world.

Bentor

I guesss I was more surprised than anything. I came on here to see if this was a common combination of breed (and to show him off =)) and I got what you all have read in the past posts. I didn't know how to react!! But its all gravy now.

PS....I'm a guy

B

BlackDog

Bentor said:
I guesss I was more surprised than anything. I came on here to see if this was a common combination of breed (and to show him off =)) and I got what you all have read in the past posts. I didn't know how to react!! But its all gravy now.

PS....I'm a guy
Well, the good thing about this forum is we realize our mistakes and move on. I've been to other dog and pet animal forum where they will actually ban you from their forum for having a opinion different from overall majority of the members. It's that crazy? How do you educate people if you are banning them? They're crazy if you ask me.

P.S. Sorry, I too assumed you were a women, or young lady. I guess that's because alot of the dog lovers on here are women.

Fran27

I had that sneaky suspicion that you were a guy too :D I guess we're just used to girls posting, so everyone is called 'she', lol. Anyway, I'm glad you decided to stick around.

Dizzy, no offense but I wonder why you stay here if we are so immature and irrresponsible? Or do you just enjoy putting us down everytime you can? Yes, lots of forums welcome all the new members, and find it great when someone breeds their dog to the neighbor's dog, because puppies are so cute, right? Well, that's not Chaz. Yep, we might have harsher views on breeding etc, but we're also the ones who have the best knowledge about dogs in general (not talking about me there though, I know a lot now but it's only thanks to the other members here). Mostly, we want the best for the dogs, but that doesn't only include the dogs we have, but also the dogs that are in shelters now... fact that lots of other forums tend to forget.

So, that's us. We'll probably never welcome a backyard breeder here, and personally I think that's fine. I'm more comfortable in such a forum than in a forum of hypocrits that tell everyone how cute their puppies are when they were bred irresponsibly by the poster. If you don't like it, you don't have to stay and irritate everyone with mean comments. Just a thought.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Is that an invitation to leave? I find that quite innappropriate.

I am sorry, but as yet, I have directed not one single comment at anyone. I have also refrained from generalising. I have praised the attitudes of some people, and have got some great advice here.

If I thought everyone here was immature etc, and I didn't enjoy looking at the decent threads that stay at least above slagging people off, then of course I wouldn't come back.

I will always stick up for the under dog, when they have blatantly done nothing wrong.

The hostility that I received here (intentional or not) was unpleasant, as this was the 1st dog forum I had seen, I stuck it out, and met some lovely people.

I like to make sure that new posters realise that not everyone is judgemental. They are the minority.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
If you have anything further to add, please pm me, as I see no point in having this discussion on someone elses thread.

bubbatd

Ben.. I'm glad you've taken this like you have. Most of us here are so passionate about the doggy world. Yes , 50 years ago I would never have gotten a " mutt " . Breeders were the only way to go. I bred only to keep a good line with great temperment going. When BYBs started to breed purebreds for profit without checking eyes, hearts, hips , lines etc. So many breds have been ruined this way. This now puts Mutts into the bigger picture. When I see some Goldens with poor conformation , but mainly poor temperment , I cringe. Anyway, glad you're here !

Amstaffer

Very Cute pup.... Sorry you had a bad first experience here. This Forum is a lot like some people's families. Everyones got that uncle that is some times overly blunt or opinionated but heck we're family and we work it out.

Try never to take it personally. Typed words often sound different when you read them then when the poster puts them down. Also consider some of the posters might know English as a second (or third) language so they might not have complete mastery of tone.

by the way....Welcome!

OK... for the rest of you....gather around for Big Chazhound Group Hug! ;)

Members online

No members online now.