Pics of our new mini Goldendoodle

travisk

I have never been on this forum. It's a lot of work to take so many photographs of a puppy and post them on a website, so I thought it would be fun to share them here.

Herschel

The Breeder's Website:

http://www.misbhavendoodles.com/

BYB said:
We take great pride in owning & breeding dogs that fulfill the health, requirements, which all include at the least Eyes, (CERF, Certificates), OFA Hip examininations to rule out & not breed dogs infected with Hip Dysphasia. We also test against Elbow Dysplashia, Patella Luxation Legg Calve-Perthes Disease, & Cardiac Defects (breed specific).
They feed raw, too.

I thought this was funny:
BYB said:
Mis B-Haven Doodles no longer accepts visitors to our property to "see what a labradoodle or goldendoodle looks like" I am so sorry for this, but it is absolutely necessary to protect the health & well being of our beautiful dogs & their babies. I understand that this is extremely inconvenient for anyone, but once your name is on a puppy list you will appreciate this new rule knowing that your puppy will be safe from unwanted & deadly diseases that are brought in by Visitors. Thank you for your cooperation & understanding.
These people may health test their dogs, but unfortunately, none of them look like ideal specimens of their respective breeds. In fact, most of them look kind of sad.

Haha. The application page has the prices of the dogs listed on it. He paid $2200 for his dog.

Not all puppies are spoken for: http://www.misbhavendoodles.com/Puppiespage.html

Anyway, congratulations on the new purchase. I wish you and the new puppy the best of luck and look forward to your posts here.

I checked out that website. Some of those documents are faked.

http://www.misbhavendoodles.com/BroadieCERF.jpg This is a copy of 'Brodie's" CERF. You can see where the name was whited-out and they typed "Brodie" into the document.

Also, this person claims that TV-watching is a sign of intelligence. She also basically says the same thing about every dog. "It came from a lady who bred show quality poodles for 20 years and her dogs were known to be perfect conformation etc etc." Same thing about every dog.

She also freely admits to having an outbreak of parvo at her kennels. Then goes on to say "Just because a breeder had an outbreak of parvo shouldn't be a reason to blacklist them, it can happen to anyone."

She claims that Frazier has been retired from breeding, but has a litter out of him available, on her puppy page.

She doesn't necessarily require you to S/N either, you can PURCHASE breeding rights, it says so in her contract.

She only offers a two-year guarantee on genetic defects. You can't even OFA before the age of two.

otch1

Aw, Herschel! Wish I hadn't have come back and looked at that site. Disappointed to see this was not some nice couple with a pair of well bred dogs, they've simply bred a few times. Jodi, is a broker, trying to make money off of breeding as many pet quality dogs as she can find homes for. (And charging outrageous prices to people that don't know any better.) They may very well be a nice family, new to breeding dogs, but there were a lot of red flags on their site. I don't want to offend you travisk, as your Coda really is a cutie!! So, I hope he turns out to be one of the success stories and I'll leave it a that.

otch1

Posting at same time you were ACD. Travisk, I do hope you verify your puppies health documents and breeding information, you were given. Again, I do see some "red flags" with the info on site, this person is a broker. Good luck.

yes, Coda is a very cute pup! And, my, I am rude. Sorry. I forgot to say Congratulations! And enjoy it while he is still young!! They get more rambunctious as they grow. :p

bubbatd

Please folks , remember that good breeders don't need websites !!! Especially those that don't allow visitors !

travisk

I have no reason to doubt her, but since you seem to be the investigative type, can you tell me if you see any issues with Coda's parents in particular? This litter did come from Frazier who is her own pet (He was there when we picked him up), and Ariel the retriever, who she says belongs to her parents.

The puppies were obviously cared for very well. Coda came essentially potty trained at 8 weeks and his behavior is excellent.

You seemed to have jumped to conclusions on a few issues....

She told us long ago that both Frazier and Ariel were retired after this litter, and that's why they are listed as such on the web site.

Also, you claim that all of the dogs have the same "20 year poodle breeder" description... I was only able to find that reference on 3 of the studs and none of the dams. Is it unusual for someone to get 3 poodles from the same breeder?

Spay/Neuter is specifically required in the contract that we signed. I'm pretty sure that there is a copy on the website.

Thanks for your help.

Herschel

Also, you claim that all of the dogs have the same "20 year poodle breeder" description... I was only able to find that reference on 3 of the studs and none of the dams. Is it unusual for someone to get 3 poodles from the same breeder?
That is because all three of those are Poodles. All of the Poodles on that website have the same description.:rolleyes:

Herschel

The puppies were obviously cared for very well. Coda came essentially potty trained at 8 weeks and his behavior is excellent.
We felt the same way about Herschel. He came to us (by airplane) looking amazingly cute, he didn't soil his crate, and within 2 hours at home he was eating and playing. We love him so much, and probably even more because of his humble beginnings. I admit that I bought my dog from a puppy mill. I didn't know better at the time, and the people seemed perfectly upfront and reasonable. He even came with a guarantee. ;)

Travis, there is nothing wrong with admitting your error in judgment. Learn from your mistake and help other people avoid people like MisBehaven.

Just because your breeder is unethical, irresponsible, and money hungry that doesn't mean that Coda is any less precious. You know deep down that this breeder isn't "top quality" or anything like that.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I'm still scratching my head at the thought of a male toy poodle impregnating a female golden. LOL That must have been tricky.
My thoughts too! LOL

Travis, there is nothing wrong with admitting your error in judgment. Learn from your mistake and help other people avoid people like MisBehaven.

Just because your breeder is unethical, irresponsible, and money hungry that doesn't mean that Coda is any less precious. You know deep down that this breeder isn't "top quality" or anything like that.
I completely agree with, Herschel here. There are many, many people on chaz that have bought from a Backyard Breeder or Puppy Mill before coming on here. There is nothing wrong with having a Puppy Mill dog. You didn't know any better, and I didn't know any better before I came on here too! ;) Everyone has to learn some where.

I hope you will take a look around the breeding section and there is a very good thread made by Doberluv on "Where Did My Puppy Come From" in the puppy forum.

Oh, btw, Coda is a cutie! More pictures are needed ;)

travisk

I see. The opening paragraphs for 3 of the 6 studs are identical because they came from the same breeder.

You seem to really be stretching to trash this hybrid breeder. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Please note that it takes away from the potentially legitimate points that you made.

Also, I take issue with the comment about breeders with websites. The year is 2007. If you run a business, ANY business without a website, it's your loss. A website establishes a bit of legitimacy, and gives me a starting point to investigate your business.

My doctor, my mechanic, my grocer, my dentist - they all have web sites. Why would a dog breeder be any different?

Giny

A lot of us went through the route you are now going through. My first two dogs came from a BYB whom back then I thought was a great breeder and would have defended her to anyone who spoke ill of her breeding practices. Thanks to the teaching of the same kind of wonderful people we have here on Chaz I now know better.

It doesn't mean I love my dogs any less now that I know the truth about BYB but I am willing to do what I have to do now in order to fight against them. Doesn't mean your dog isn't adorable, he is, it's the breeders practices that people are appalled about.

Enjoy your dog, love him and for him try to advocate better choices people can have when choosing a dog. Enjoy your time on Chaz, it's a great place to be and learn.

As for health problems you never know down the road what can crop up. Because of a BYB wanting to make some few buck I now have 2 ill dogs. One with chronic colitis who's medicated for it and one who's developing Cushings Disease at a young age of 4.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Which breeders website looks better? Which people would you want to get to know better and buy a puppy from? Which one looks like they know a bit more about their breed and is more proffesional?

http://scottspuppypalace.com/

OR

http://www.fieldstonebordercollies.com/main.html

IMO, there is nothing wrong with having a website, and I think what Grammy was saying is don't trust a breeder from just looking at a website, you need to meet him/her and there dogs before you even consider buying a puppy from them.

travisk

I hope you will take a look around the breeding section and there is a very good thread made by Doberluv on "Where Did My Puppy Come From" in the puppy forum.
This article labels every hybrid breeder as a "puppy mill", no matter what the situation. Does that sound realistic to you?

Herschel

I see. The opening paragraphs for 3 of the 6 studs are identical because they came from the same breeder.

You seem to really be stretching to trash this hybrid breeder. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Please note that it takes away from the potentially legitimate points that you made.
Travis,

Open your eyes. Look at your breeder's website. How has she proved that her dogs are the best examples of their breed?

Once you answer that you will see that we aren't trashing your breeder. We're trying to point out the red flags that she is unethical.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
This article labels every hybrid breeder as a "puppy mill", no matter what the situation. Does that sound realistic to you?
Yes, it sounds right. What are golgendooldes?

Pets

We don't need more pets, there are tons in shelters waiting for homes. Goldendooldes are just another mixed breed....there are tons of those in shelters.

Responsible breeders are breeding for a purpose...whether it be to herd stock or show in the show ring. But they have a purpose in mind and strive for that everytime they breed!
Their dogs have many, many titles BEFORE they breed saying that they are a good respresentation of that breed and are worthy to be breed. And are health tested for many things, BEFORE breeding takes place.

I don't want to fight with you, and it's good your asking qeustions and not "just accepting it" so you know just why we are so against the breeding of mixed breeds or puppy millers.
Do you know why cockers have so many health problems? It's because people, like your breeder, have breed them and have created MANY more health problems in them. Causing pain to the dog.

Members online

No members online now.