Is It Possible?

Cupy

New Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
49
Likes
0
Points
0
#1
Hi!

Is it possible that my Gigo eat so little, becouse he is changing his teeth. Are the kibbles to hard for him now?
 

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
3,868
Likes
0
Points
0
#2
it is possible. have you looked at his teeth and gums?

you can try adding warm water to the kibble, it might help. and now is the best time to give your dog some nice raw bones to massage and clean teeth and gums. :)
 

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Joined
Mar 16, 2005
Messages
6,209
Likes
0
Points
0
Age
38
Location
United States
#3
I have heard that when puppy's are teething they do not eat as much kibble because their teeth and gums are sore. As Mordy has said trying wetting the food with water that may help. Make sure to read the directions though because some foods, like Eagle Pack, tell you not to soak with hot water or to microwave so keep an eye out for a label that may say something like that.
 

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
3,868
Likes
0
Points
0
#4
actually no kibble should be soaked for long periods of time, it's better to just add water and serve, otherwise there's always the issue of bacteria overgrowth or the soaked kibble turning sour.

there is nothing wrong with soaking kibble for a few minutes tho, for example for puppies or dogs who have problems eating hard food for some other reason.

microwaving food isn't a good idea since there is the danger of certain parts of the food portion becoming overheated and burning the mouth or tongue, and besides that it destroys nutrients. :)
 

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Joined
Mar 16, 2005
Messages
6,209
Likes
0
Points
0
Age
38
Location
United States
#5
That's what I meant about soaking. Sometimes I don't type what I mean though and it comes out wrong, thankfully Mordy is here to correct it. Some foods don't have any warnings or say not to microwave the food or use hot water to mix and serve with though. The eagle pack is the only food that I have ever fed that says not to microwave it. I know when I was younger my uncle fed his dog gravy train and he would mix water in it and microwave it for her and she never got burned (or maybe she just didn't tell anyone).
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Top