Street dogs, when the shelthers don't exist

Some pics I took at the park in my country.

Since is a third world country we don't have shelthers.. so where all the un wanted dogs go?? to the streets!!
The goverment don't care anything about dogs >->
Most of them died ran by a car, poisoned or of an illness

Is so sad

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/54430043/

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/54435564/

And the dogs on the pics are pretty ones, the condition of others is hearthbreaking.

And if someone see a typo in the description on the pics, just tell me.
I have a copy whiout letters I can fix.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Well, you probably want to say "ran over by a car" instead of "ran by."

*sigh* They are lovely dogs.. I'm just so sorry things are like this.

bubbatd

I've seen this in Belize and St Croix .... all strays are so loving !!

joce

I would snatch that long haired white dog up in a second! Any of them would probably make a great pet for you.

Boemy

Ever been to S. America? There are dogs everywhere and not everyone has the resources we seem to have in America and Canada.
But she is looking for a dog. :) Sadly, you can't rescue them all. :( But if you've rescued one . . . well, that's one dog you've rescued! :)

I would snatch that long haired white dog up in a second! Any of them would probably make a great pet for you.
he's a cutie.
That white dog looks a lot like a dog my granma had, he died at 14 years old. :eek:

Unfurtunlly they are tons of street dogs everywhere, in the day I took those pics, they where other 5 dogs but they ran away from the camera :p

Also you guys can notice the 2 females in the pics one is pregnant and the other looks like is nursing.

Is always like that When you see female strays, pregnant , nursing or in heat (a group of males follow her, and whit smaller bitches they are male 4 times bigger than her trying to mate O-o)

Doberluv

That is just so sad and more and more being born all the time.

If you want to get this re-worded: The goverment don't care anything about dogs
Most of them died ran by a car, poisoned or of an illness

you might want to write: The government doesn't care anything about dogs. Most of them die being run over by a car, poisoned or from illness.

Very sad....I hope you or a friend can save one or two of them. Maybe you can start some kind of help for them. See if anyone can give even a little bit to help them. That would be something and something is better than nothing.

Saje

Island dweller
Having lived in Chile, which isn't even a third world country, I know that it is not good advice to just adopt dogs that you find on the streets. Most of them have health programs and can be quite aggressive. I've seen them come close to attacking children in order to get the food they were carrying and when an adult intervened the dogs barely backed off. These are not the types of dogs that just anyone can grab off the street and try and rehabilitate. Not only that but many people, at least in Chile, actually own the 'nicer' dogs and just let them run loose when they come home from work. It's a sad situation. Many times dogs are just kicked out onto the street when they aren't 'cute' anymore. A lot of those dogs die if they can't learn street smarts. :( It's not like in other parts of the world.

Members online

No members online now.