Why do people do that?

Meggie

Go to the Contact Us page and send them a note with the link to the listing page (and maybe your dogster page too, to prove it is a picture of your dog). Ask them to please remove the fraudulent listing within 24 hours or you'll have to investigate what your legal options are.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
What link is snowy on dogster? I am sure you can send a comment to puppyfind and explain the situation to them.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Katkoota said:
the link to Snowy's dogster page is
http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=210748&j=t

I just sent them an e-mail hopping that they will remove the add....Maybe it isn't a good idea to share our pets' pic!!!!!
I am beginning to think that too.. Its so sad that somebody would stoop that low to steal somebody's pets picture and say it is for sale.

Meggie

Wow, they couldn't have gone and snagged a more distinctive picture or what!

This sort of thing happens a lot, believe me. On another site I used to go to a woman swiped pictures of somebody's children. Made herself up a nice little website with pictures of "her" kids, "her" wedding photos, "her" home, the whole nine yards.

Figure it this way, they may have swiped your dog's picture but somebody out there is going to be out $500 and have nothing to show for it but a picture on a website.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Thats not the only picture. I registered just to see if it gave any more info on the dog and almost every pic that you have on dogster is on that website even the one where she is in the pool.

Katkoota

cRaZy AbOuT DOGS
you are right Jess..I did register too and sent an e-mail to the person "thief" who stloe my maltese pictures.
How could they do that? This is what I found (lies, lies, lies)
Breed: Maltese
Sex: Female
Birthdate: 10-03-2005 (4 months)
Champion bloodlines: Yes
Champion sired: Yes
Show potential: Yes
Price: $500 USD
Shipping area: Worldwide
What's included: Registered/registerable (AKC, NKC, etc.), Current vaccinations, Veterinarian examination, Health certificate, Health guarantee, Pedigree, Travel crate
Additional information: need a happy home.happy home only.

WHAT WOULD THAT THIEF DO IF HE FOUND SOMEONE INTERESTED IN MY SNOWY?

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
Katkoota said:
you are right Jess..I did register too and sent an e-mail to the person "thief" who stloe my maltese pictures.
How could they do that? This is what I found (lies, lies, lies)
Breed: Maltese
Sex: Female
Birthdate: 10-03-2005 (4 months)
Champion bloodlines: Yes
Champion sired: Yes
Show potential: Yes
Price: $500 USD
Shipping area: Worldwide
What's included: Registered/registerable (AKC, NKC, etc.), Current vaccinations, Veterinarian examination, Health certificate, Health guarantee, Pedigree, Travel crate
Additional information: need a happy home.happy home only.

WHAT WOULD THAT THIEF DO IF HE FOUND SOMEONE INTERESTED IN MY SNOWY?
He would probley either have them pay and never send them a dog. Or he would go out and try and find the closest looking dog to Snowy and sell that dog.

Its all so stupid and crazy and I can't beleive people these days. Not that anyone would ever want to buy Pixie. But if I ever saw anyone who stole my pictures and was posing Pixie as their dog I would go off.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Who knows but I hope that who ever moniters that website takes a look into this.

Meggie

PixieSticksandTricks said:
I wonder if all those pictures are stolen.........
That's a point, that first picture on the list sure looks familiar to me. Maybe drop a line to Dogster with a link?

Zoom

Twin 2.0
This needs to be brought to the attention of both PuppyFind.com and Dogster immediatly. This is a classic case of fraud and copyright infringement or something like that. You can't take someone's photos and pass them off as your own.

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
I hope that there is no chance they could steal him. Maybe you should ake extra percautoins. Ask the police what you could do

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
I found this on their site:
http://www.puppyfind.com/scam_alert/?sid=9413077a64f079ee20e5e6728d4792ff

It says:

Fraud Warning:
It has come to our attention that a scam is being perpetrated on this website (as well as our competitor’s). The scammers are typically foreign (many are from Cameroon or Nigeria).

Scammers targeting sellers send an overpayment requesting that the amount be deducted for the puppy and overpayment be returned to them (or to their “agent”). After the money has been refunded, the victim finds that the cashier’s check was counterfeit.

Scammers who are targeting buyers on the site claim to have a puppy available to purchase. They are typically from Africa, or may state that they live in the U.S. but are traveling to Africa and can’t bring the puppies with them. They sell the dogs at a very inexpensive price and request payment via money order. Upon receipt of payment they claim that the puppy is now in London (or another location) and that additional money is required to get the puppy out of quarantine. This is the scam. There is no puppy and they will continue to try to get you to send additional money until you catch on and stop communication.

There are ways to protect yourself from these scams. If you are a seller, verify funds prior to sending puppy. If you are a buyer, ask for references, speak to the seller on the phone, get a clear purchase contract, and check for reviews on the Puppyfind.com website.

While the majority of our members have honest intentions, there are always a few “bad apples”. If you believe you are being scammed by a Puppyfind.com member, please contact us with the email address of the potential scammer.

If you do fall victim to a scam, you can report them to the Internet Crime Complaint Center by visiting www.ic3.gov.

Thank you,

Puppyfind.com Customer Care.

mojozen

bullie lover
JennSLK said:
I found this on their site:
http://www.puppyfind.com/scam_alert/?sid=9413077a64f079ee20e5e6728d4792ff

It says:

Fraud Warning:
It has come to our attention that a scam is being perpetrated on this website (as well as our competitor’s). The scammers are typically foreign (many are from Cameroon or Nigeria).

Scammers targeting sellers send an overpayment requesting that the amount be deducted for the puppy and overpayment be returned to them (or to their “agent”). After the money has been refunded, the victim finds that the cashier’s check was counterfeit.

Scammers who are targeting buyers on the site claim to have a puppy available to purchase. They are typically from Africa, or may state that they live in the U.S. but are traveling to Africa and can’t bring the puppies with them. They sell the dogs at a very inexpensive price and request payment via money order. Upon receipt of payment they claim that the puppy is now in London (or another location) and that additional money is required to get the puppy out of quarantine. This is the scam. There is no puppy and they will continue to try to get you to send additional money until you catch on and stop communication.

There are ways to protect yourself from these scams. If you are a seller, verify funds prior to sending puppy. If you are a buyer, ask for references, speak to the seller on the phone, get a clear purchase contract, and check for reviews on the Puppyfind.com website.

While the majority of our members have honest intentions, there are always a few “bad apples”. If you believe you are being scammed by a Puppyfind.com member, please contact us with the email address of the potential scammer.

If you do fall victim to a scam, you can report them to the Internet Crime Complaint Center by visiting www.ic3.gov.

Thank you,

Puppyfind.com Customer Care.
This actually happened to me on both Craigslist AND Roommates.com when I was looking for a roommate. I had more than a few people email me offering to send me a LARGE sum of money by money order -- and I was to deduct whatever their portion of the rent and deposit was then send them a refund from my checking account.

Um. No. I don't think so.

So, it's actually a well-used scam for many different situations... besides for puppies. I stopped looking for a roommate after 3 times of this, and have decided to stick to the local classifieds from now on.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
The same thing happened to me. Someone took Hannah's pictures and posted her for sale, not on puppyfind but on hoobly. I just found out about this as well and believe me I was mad. Now I am more worried about Hannah because they posted as living in the same town as us so I have been extra cautious in taking Hannah outside anywhere.

femke

all of the dogs that show up in that link are more than likely not for sale. Anyone else notice they're all Female and all four months old??

Members online