Do Not Buy Puppies From Cameroon

THIS IS A MAJOR NASTY SCAM!!! Innocent people are being conned out of their hard earned cash by these people and it must be stopped! And it’s not just puppies, its monkeys, parrots, exotics, all from Cameroon.
As far as I can gather the people in Cameroon are replying to adds posted on websites for wanted puppies with some sob story about how they need to have their much loved pet re-homed. Then the puppies are apparently shipped to them after receiving all or part of the money. The puppies arrive at London and there is a problem with paperwork, more money has to be sent within a VERY short space of time or the puppy has to go into quarantine. When this then doesn’t happen and the puppy is sent back to Cameroon.
Firstly, I work at Heathrow in London and animals in transit through the UK DO NOT go into quarantine as such, they are just in transit. They are kept in a quarantine facility but none of the same rules apply as to those being imported into the UK with regard to paperwork etc. Secondly, I have heard that they are shipped with Cameroon Airlines but Cameroon Airlines do not fly into the UK at all. Thirdly, the email address for where the puppy is being held at Heathrow Airport is spelt Hethro and the person to whom the email is for does not exist at Heathrow.
A lot of companies are having their names dragged through the mud with this and I have started to contact them to let them know and maybe they will take some sort of action. But as it’s the internet there's probably not a lot they can do. I have contacted The Cameroon Embassy here in London, Cameroon Airlines and I will be contacting British Airways also as they have been mentioned. Other company’s names being used that I am aware of are Petsell, Delta, Western Union and jet-a-pet. All of which, I am sure, are legitimate companies who would not like this bad publicity.
If anyone has any other names or has been scammed and would like to contact me please post here and I can try with more of your info. I don't think for one minute this is going to stop but people need to be made aware to give these people in Cameroon less of a chance to do it again. Thanks for listening.
Sallyann
:mad: :mad: :mad:

joce

I don't even think there ae people in cameroon,its jsut another one of those nigerian scams. If ti sounds too good to be true,it is. They dontt even have dogs or whatever they say they do.

Trouble is you wouldn't believe how many people are falling for these scams. Obviously I haven't been scammed, it seems to be between Cameroon and the States. I don't have alot of sympathy for those who have lost their money, I feel more for the companies who are getting bad press because of it, where I work is one of them.
Who in their right mind would buy a pup without seeing the litter, the mother, the kennels etc. Its madness!!!

just me again, i wanted to keep this message up at the for front of peoples minds

please please please let people know about this. its so important

sallyann

It's still going on, I've had word that the puppy side has calmed down a VERY small amount but the side involving monkeys, birds etc has increased. It's still a very important issue.
sallyann

I learned a few minutes ago from another forum that someone there has just almost been scammed again TODAY but luckily she checked out the forums first and found my message!
I've always said that if I can just stop one person being scammed I'm doing well so my work here is done :D
sallyann

MyDogsLoveMe

My pets love me they do
Unless I have heard of the country or the items there is no way I am investing any of my hard earned cash. I have so much better things to do with it like SHOPPING SHOPPING SHOPPING :) Yes I am a shopaholic. :)

Absolutely!!! Good for you!
You wouldn't believe how many people are getting scammed out there though, it's ridiculous!
sallyann

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
There was a similar post to this the other day - a picture of someone's dog had appeared on a website apparently for sale... Not that the dogs owner knew anything about this till someone saw it and informed her..

I everyone I have now set up a website posting pictures and emails from scammers in cameroon I only have pictures of english bull dogs at the moment but you have pictures of other breeds or animals that are just a scam send them to me and i would be more then happy to post them on my site so please check it out I have had over 151 people come visit and i just set it up a few nites ago http://mccaig.gotpetloversonline.com/
my email is [email protected]

These scammers steal photo's from websites like these and post them as their own (as if the owner wouldn't know!) It's cos they don't actually have any dogs!! funny that!

Members online

No members online now.