Woman gives birth to her 16th child!!

Boxer*Mom

It wasn't me
Have y'all seen this on the news programs lately? Wow that's a lot of labor and they said that they would be happy to have a 17th! Michelle and Jim Duggar are the parents. I guess it's so shocking b/c nowadays a large family would be 3 kids. My granny had 11 children and she's almost 90 y.o. now.

Their children include two sets of twins, and each child has a name beginning with the letter "J": Joshua, 17; John David, 15; Janna, 15; Jill, 14; Jessa, 12; Jinger, 11; Joseph, 10; Josiah, 9; Joy-Anna, 8; Jeremiah, 6; Jedidiah, 6; Jason, 5; James, 4; Justin, 2; and Jackson Levi, 1; and Johannah Faith, born Tuesday.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
all I can say is her and her husband had to have been REALLY busy to have that many kids (if you know what I mean). That woman is INSANE! I heard about it on the news. I hope she realizes that she will NEVER have a second of free time for her whole entire life. I thought that having two kids was going to be a lot I feel better now though hearing about this lady (I'm not crazy after all).

I heard one of the news stories talking about the horrendously big house they are building or have built; something on the line of 6,000 or 9,000 square feet . . . I certainly hope they are independently wealthy!

And just think, she's going to be having hot flashes and menopausal moments somewhere in the midst of at least 5 or so kids being hormonal teenagers . . . :eek:

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Juicy said:
whats with all the j names?
I think they wanted to be biblical or something I heard on the radio. My husband turned this story off too quick, he didn't want me getting ideas :D . Don't you get a discount or something for college if you have a litter of kids instead of just one or two? Maybe they should have something like a frequent buyers program or something for parents that have dozens of kids and are sending them off to college.

Boxer*Mom

It wasn't me
Jim was a former state representative and sells real estate, it's said he expects to run for the state Senate next year. The building project is a 7,000-square foot house that should be finished before Christmas. The home, which the family has been building for two years, will have nine bathrooms, dormitory-style bedrooms for the girls and boys, a commercial kitchen, four washing machines and four dryers. Dam_N!

Dakotah_2009

OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!
Oh yea I read about that! Gosh thats gotta be painful! Lord and she wnats another ababy too! She's crazy 2 or less is good enough for me....

avenlee

Well, they're going to run out of 'J' names pretty soon! Maybe they will move on to the 'K' until they get to the 'M's' as in the MOTHER MICHELLE! LMAO (and she's 39, aye ye ye!) I'm sure the older kids help out tremendously. In any event, they're nuts!

avenlee

Juicy said:
yeah she did. it was a russian lady.
did she have quads or twins or ... Its not possible to have 62 children unless she had her first at like what, 5???? I didn't even bother doing the math. How old was this mother? Don't make a statement without backup :rolleyes:

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Here's the info, taken from a website.

"According to Guinness World Records 2001, the highest officially recorded number of children born to one mother is 69, to the first wife of Feodor Vassilyev (1707-1782) of Shuya, Russia. Between 1725 and 1765, in a total of 27 confinements, she gave birth to 16 pairs of twins, seven sets of triplets, and four sets of quadruplets. 67 of them survived infancy."

Amazing, isn't it? This website has a few more facts on it.

birth world records

As for the mother on the news, I really don't find it that amazing. I work on obituaries, and you'd be amazed how common it is for people of older generations to have huge families (I know by writing about survivors). Familes of 12 or more children aren't uncommon. The most I ever wrote about was a woman who gave birth to 20 children. When she died, she also had nearly 60 grandchildren, and more than 80 great-grandchildren. I'll see if I can find the obituary online and post a link.

W

Whitedobelover

omg i thought i heard something about that... this morning on the good morning america... they said what is next in the letter J

nedim

I feel bad for those kids. Imagine growing up in a house with 15 siblings with you. I think its not really fair. Its note "cute" to have that many children either.

avenlee

Gempress said:
Here's the info, taken from a website.

"According to Guinness World Records 2001, the highest officially recorded number of children born to one mother is 69, to the first wife of Feodor Vassilyev (1707-1782) of Shuya, Russia. Between 1725 and 1765, in a total of 27 confinements, she gave birth to 16 pairs of twins, seven sets of triplets, and four sets of quadruplets. 67 of them survived infancy."

Amazing, isn't it? This website has a few more facts on it.

[As for the mother on the news, I really don't find it that amazing. I work on obituaries, and you'd be amazed how common it is for people of older generations to have huge families (I know by writing about survivors). Familes of 12 or more children aren't uncommon. The most I ever wrote about was a woman who gave birth to 20 children. When she died, she also had nearly 60 grandchildren, and more than 80 great-grandchildren. I'll see if I can find the obituary online and post a link.
That is amazing, however, done in the 1700's. This day of age, it's quite uncommon. My husband, Tony's, mother is one of 12 children back in the day. Each of Tony's Aunts and Uncles have 3 children. This generation at this age, now has 2 children.... I'm continously going to baby showers or weddings. I have to budget for them! LOL Our wedding included 74 (give or take) of Tony's close relatives, and its still growing. When my kids were young, my Mom would say 'who is it this time' ha ha ha because she'd have to watch them, which she loved to do (spoiled!!!)

In the present time, the MOTHER needs to work. Back when, they made do. Now, you have to have both parents working to even break even. I have 3 and we have a hard time.

Members online

No members online now.