Most touching story ever

Irish

On Oprah today, they went to the states hit by the Katrina. Nate (I think his last name is Ferguson) interviewed these 2 men who were awaiting their turn to board the helicopter to be evacuated. The one man was sobbing because they told him his dog would have to stay behind. This man just kept hugging his dog and crying. The dog was 14 years old, and he'd had him since he was a pup. The other man told Nate that the dog and his owner had saved his life and he exclaimed "We will NOT leave without the dog". Nate was moved to tears and told the man that he would take his dog for him, until he could be reunited. The dog's owner then crushed Nate in the biggest hug and sobbed in gratitude. I don't think I've ever seen anything as moving. There are still good people in the world, after all. :)

There ARE good people . . . There ARE good people . . .

The story that choked me up the worst in all the horrors of 911 was the officer who had put his canine partner in a kennel when he heard the noise and went to check and couldn't get back to him to save him . . .

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
did anyone see current affair last night? i was glad they had Aaron Nevil sing the closing..only his voice would evoke the right emotion. I missed Oprah..wish i had seen the segment.

EliNHunter

Irish said:
On Oprah today, they went to the states hit by the Katrina. Nate (I think his last name is Ferguson) interviewed these 2 men who were awaiting their turn to board the helicopter to be evacuated. The one man was sobbing because they told him his dog would have to stay behind. This man just kept hugging his dog and crying. The dog was 14 years old, and he'd had him since he was a pup. The other man told Nate that the dog and his owner had saved his life and he exclaimed "We will NOT leave without the dog". Nate was moved to tears and told the man that he would take his dog for him, until he could be reunited. The dog's owner then crushed Nate in the biggest hug and sobbed in gratitude. I don't think I've ever seen anything as moving. There are still good people in the world, after all. :)
Omigosh, I'm literally in tears. Meanwhile my sister saw on TV this morning a big, SKINNY, Great Dane standing on a tiny brick wall probably only about 5 inches wide and 14 inches long with the water all the way to the top. He was scared to death and didn't know what to do. Probably had been there for days...

bubbatd

Irish, I saw that too...in tears of happiness for the young man !

Irish

Bubba,
I'm glad you saw it too, it was such a wonderful thing to see! I literally sobbed through it (and for about a 1/2 hour afterward)!

Barb04

Super Moderator
What a touching story. It's nice to hear some good being done besides all the heartache.

Members online

No members online now.