Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 11:26 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowowee
I respect your opinion. Still for me, that is cruelty and discrimination. You would severe the dogs "joy" because of a "show"? Poor dogs.
it's not really their "joy" if they are not using it. A dog who is intact and not bred doesn't really get much "joy" out of his manhood. Both my dogs are from breeders and one is spayed and the other will be soon. I would rather my dogs live long healthy lives without the unneccasary risk of ovarian cancer when they aren't even being bred.

Old 11-01-2005, 11:35 PM
Bulacan Pitbull Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliefurry
mostly because the people that come on here that are breeders don't need to ask how to breed the dogs they are breeding because they already researched and have been there through breedings of dogs not their own. Also they have mentors to help. They can go to a breeder of the same breed of dog for help when they have questions. When someone comes on saying they are a breeder and there dog is in heat what do they do it raises a red flag for everyone.

Oh well, at least your nice. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:40 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Quote:
Oh well, at least your nice. Thanks.
I know how it is to be treated ignorantly on forums. I was just basically forced off a forum because I asked about a breeder and obviously this forum thought it was unfair and I was a HORRIBLE person so I try.

Old 11-02-2005, 02:27 AM
Bulacan Pitbull Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliefurry
I know how it is to be treated ignorantly on forums. I was just basically forced off a forum because I asked about a breeder and obviously this forum thought it was unfair and I was a HORRIBLE person so I try.
I'm glad there are still nice and civilized people left in this forum. I came here to make friends and to broaden my knowledge about dogs. I'm not perfect, nor am I a perfectionist. I don't want to argue but I won't back out from one especially when someone is throwing derogatory remarks at me. Thanks Juliefurry. Good Luck with your dogs.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:35 AM
Top Dog

Ok, why dont you start again, first could you please anwser my other question, then list the questions you have, you say you want to learn, fine but you have to post things a little more clearly, what is it you want to know?
Old 11-02-2005, 08:03 AM
Top Dog

I don't even know why this thread is still going, this person could care a less about the advise, suggestions & even experiences given by the reputable breeders on this forum. The person has failed to answer ligitimate questions and continues to argue about spay/neuter... I know I'm not going to waste anymore of my time on this one.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
I respect your opinion. Still for me, that is cruelty and discrimination. You would severe the dogs "joy" because of a "show"? Poor dogs.
If severing a dog's joy means preventing pyometra, testicular cancer, ovarian cancer and the far too common mammary cancer than you bet I would! Let me guess...you are unfamiliar with pyometra and how common it is and how often it takes the life of a bitch all because she's not spayed. You may call it discrimination, but I call it being responsible. Please educate yourself more on dogs in general...
Old 11-02-2005, 10:38 AM
Manchesters

Arrogant? Well, let me ask you this.......just WHAT have you done toward improving any of the breeds you let "have joy"? At least my efforts with Toy Manchesters HAS served to improve upon the breed as a whole.

Would you mind sharing with us what your age is? That would help us comprehend your viewpoint quite a bit.

I will tell you this-----you know NOTHING about dogs. What you consider arrogance, is KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, and RESPONSIBILITY.

Since you are obviously very new, and I also suspect very young, you have the chance here of learning how to become a responsible dog owner.......and all of us here are happy to help. But again, it would help to know what we should or should not expect you to already know. So work with us, and help us help you!
Old 11-02-2005, 01:13 PM
Trained by an Airedale

I'm sure you love your dogs, but please think carefully before you add to the dog population. Maybe visit a shelter and see the results of irresponsible breeding and non neutering and spaying. Seeing all those poor homeless dogs breaks your heart. People on Chaz are generally not trying to be unkind, but are they passionate about the welfare of dogs. Today alone I came across two 'intact' male dogs out searching for a female in heat. It is instinct, not joy that drives them. I can't remember where I read / saw it, but I think humans (and maybe dolphins?) are the only creatures that have sex purely for pleasure.

There are people on here with a wealth of experience but you do have to be clear with your questions or you can be misunderstood. Good luck with your search for answers!

Old 11-02-2005, 03:01 PM
Bulacan Pitbull Club

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchesters
Arrogant? Well, let me ask you this.......just WHAT have you done toward improving any of the breeds you let "have joy"? At least my efforts with Toy Manchesters HAS served to improve upon the breed as a whole.

Would you mind sharing with us what your age is? That would help us comprehend your viewpoint quite a bit.

I will tell you this-----you know NOTHING about dogs. What you consider arrogance, is KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, and RESPONSIBILITY.

Since you are obviously very new, and I also suspect very young, you have the chance here of learning how to become a responsible dog owner.......and all of us here are happy to help. But again, it would help to know what we should or should not expect you to already know. So work with us, and help us help you!

Well, you sure are arrogant and mean. How dare you call me a puppy miller! How dare you call me a backyard breeder! My website may not be pretty as yours but that doesn't make me a dog peddler! I'm not cruel to my pets! You don't even know me man! I know a lot of good breeders but none of them are as arrogant as you are. Putting people down and calling them names is not expected of highly civilized individuals. You may be a good breeder but you're not much of a person. Help me? Are you sure about that? Are you capable of doing that? Other peeps here are nice, yes they can help others like me...not you machester. All you do is brag and put people down.