Had to get rid of our JRT

bubbatd

That's rough, Julie. Lymphoma is not good. Having lost Eli and Yogi was hard. Yogi's had spread too far to have Chemo..... Eli had only one dose.......it's so sad !!!!!! Do keep us posted. !

JRT_Rattie_Mom

Terrier Lover!
linzgrrl said:
Yesterday we had to get rid of our Jack Russell Terrier, Tippy. We'd been having some problems with her for the last couple months and the last week has just gotten out of control. It's a sad time around here. We both miss her ... but it seems like there is no other choice...

has anyone else ever seen this happen?!?!
Hi Linzgrrl,

I'm so sorry to hear about Tippy, but glad to hear she was able to be rehomed with a relative, so you can visit and/or keep tabs on her. I know some will not understand your decision, so I just share my own thoughts support of your choice.

As a Jack Russell Terrier owner myself, even though we have not had this problem with our Lucy, I have heard similar stories. JRT's can be very difficult dogs, even when well trained. You mentioned starting a family in the next few years, and this is the main reason I think you probably have made a very wise decision to rehome Tippy now. Some JRT's do well with children, but are not usually recommended for families with very young children. With Tippy's behavior I would guess she would be a JRT definitely not to be trusted with a baby!

Though it is hard... I do think you most likely made the best choice for Tippy.

avenlee

Nora (westie) holds a grudge like you can't believe sometimes. Terriers are very opinionated . Sometimes, after I scold her, she won't talk to me the whole day. I'd pet her and put my face up for her to lick me to let me know we are COOL, and she will literally, turn her head to tell me NOPE, WE'RE NOT COOL. lol

I'm glad Tippy is doing well in his new environment. Hopefully you all can work out your differences.

Last edited:

oriondw

user not active
After rereading the post for few times, I keep thinking. What kind of weak guy would give up his dog so easily?

Members online

No members online now.