labradoodles?

i didn't want to start a dibate, it's just i have seen labradoodles and they seem so inteligent and calm, this breeder says that she produced a dog which i have seen on tv and it seems really calm, i'm all against byb and i agree that most are in it for the money which is why i would never support this, but there are a few good breeders, i was just asking your opinion as nearly all of you here know alot more than me,

Doodley

MyIrishWolfie said:
Labradoodles kind of look like Irish Wolfounds gone wrong.. I mean the snout area with all the long whiskers and stuff. :p
I'm not trying to drag more problems into the situation, so no offense...but that is not true. Do you have a labradoodle of your own? And as plenty of people have stated on these types of threads, not all labradoodles look alike because they are not a registered breed. I have a "labradoodle" who I regard only as a poodle/lab mix. It is rude for you to make assumptions on a dog's appearance if, 1. They all don't look the same, and 2. You don't even have a poodle/lab yourself. Just my two cents.

L

LabBreeder

well Doodley, IMO, IrishWolfie has a point. I've seen a couple of labradoodles that look like the white Wolfhound in her siggy. The only difference was a smaller body with shorter legs and a shorter snout with Labbish ears. Just because you don't own a doodle doesn't mean you can't have an opinion on one you've seen. They do look different alot of times cause they're not a breed, just a mix, but some do resemble other dogs (whether they are purebred or mixes).

Doodley

I agree that some do, but as they say...it's never "all". She can make an opinion, but it is the sarcastic tone I sensed in the message that got to me.

MyIrishWolfie said:
Labradoodles kind of look like Irish Wolfounds gone wrong.. I mean the snout area with all the long whiskers and stuff. :p
Now why would you say that, here's where I think people forget that we (Labradoodle owners) love our dogs as much as anyone. Personally, Irish wolfhounds are one of my all time favorite breeds, and I agree that many 1st gen. Labradoodles look like them. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate someone saying that your beautiful dog looks like "something gone wrong"...:mad:

Opinions are one thing, but what purpose does a statement like that hold.

L

LabBreeder

I'm pretty sure she meant it as a joke. Hence the :p at the end.
If you have a purebreed and it looks "off" then I'm sure you will hear people making comments...whether they are joking or serious. Then again, if you have a purebreed that looks "off" you already know and accept that fact. It doesn't make it any nicer, because you love your dog no matter what, but it would still be known by all (that know the breed) that you're dog isn't "up to standards".

I understand that you don't apprecaite comments like that, but they were not directed at you or your dog.

Renee750il said:
Doc, you're a bad influence, lol! Sophie is enough to turn even the most vehement doodle-deprecator into a silly, baby-talking, fawning Sophie-ist :D
Thanks Renee...You're awsome!:D Cheque's in the mail;)

Members online

No members online now.