The Venting Thread

Sekah

The Monster.
Cancer is pretty much the worst. Very sorry. My heart breaks when I hear stories of people and their families going through it.

On a slightly more irrelevant note, the coworker who drives me crazy went out for a walk at lunch. She's been back for an hour and a half and she's still breathing heavily through her nose, whistling with every laboured breath. Ugh. Cubicle life for the win.

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
My grandpa is dying.

He was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer of the stomach, and it's spread to his esophagus and liver. He went into the hospital for a blood transfusion Friday due to internal bleeding, but he has a living will so this will be his last transfusion-after this hospice takes over.

He is taking the news quite well. He says he's had a good life and is not in pain. He is 92 and my grandma died 3 years ago, and I think he is ready. He is my last grandparent alive. I know that he has lived a very long life, and there are many people who never get to see their 90's, but this is weighing very heavily on me. I'm afraid he will end up being in pain. I hate to see my stepdad (he's my stepdad's father, but they have always treated me like blood) go through the loss of a parent. I feel like so much will be dying with him.

They don't think he has long. Most of the family that lives far away is flying in this week. Vibes and prayers that he goes painlessly and in peace would be greatly appreciated.
Oh no, that's terrible. I'm so so so sorry.

Though, I'm glad he's not in pain. Sending vibes that it will stay the same,& that it will be a painless passing.

Cancer just really sucks.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
God ******. Having an awesome evening gaming and chatting with a friend, only to check my phone and realized Michael had tried to get in touch and I missed it. Next chance may not be for another week. I'm so pissed off right now. My stupid phone didn't even alert to it.

Melle

God ******. Having an awesome evening gaming and chatting with a friend, only to check my phone and realized Michael had tried to get in touch and I missed it. Next chance may not be for another week. I'm so pissed off right now. My stupid phone didn't even alert to it.
Ugh, had this happen to me so many times :( My SO has been dealing with a sucky situation due to a nasty rumor started by an old ex-frenemy of ours (long story) and at least 4 times I've found my phone under my bed covers or somewhere random just to see I missed the only calls I can get for a while. Always makes me so frustrated with myself for not keeping the phone on me.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I don't understand landlords only allowing cats. Really? What is the reasoning? Especially when on the ad they put "small pets considered" not just "cats only". What makes my small dog (smaller than a lot of cats) not worthy against an animal that typically isn't interacted with or trained, that does it's business indoors? If small pets are to be considered, they should be considered case by case. But nope. The 10lb, highly trained, polite and non barky, never left out unattended, national level competition dog who is also legally considered an emotional service animal is not as worthy as an animal that poops in the house. Right.

I don't understand landlords only allowing cats. Really? What is the reasoning? Especially when on the ad they put "small pets considered" not just "cats only". What makes my small dog (smaller than a lot of cats) not worthy against an animal that typically isn't interacted with or trained, that does it's business indoors? If small pets are to be considered, they should be considered case by case. But nope. The 10lb, highly trained, polite and non barky, never left out unattended, national level competition dog who is also legally considered an emotional service animal is not as worthy as an animal that poops in the house. Right.
Honestly, I've never understood this either. Cats can eff an apartment the eff up, as much or more than a small dog.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Honestly, I've never understood this either. Cats can eff an apartment the eff up, as much or more than a small dog.
And you can get rid of the dog urine smell in an apartment....cat spray stays forever I swear.

I wonder if it has anything to do with barking? I get that cats make noise too, but it doesn't seem to be as frequent or as loud (usually) as a bored dog.

Sometimes the landlords will take it case by case though. If you provide references from previous LLs, trainers, vets, doctors, etc. they might be more apt to allow a dog.
(One of the few things I like about Ontario, according to the Landlord-Tenant Act, you can't deny someone based on a pet, nor can you kick them out just for having one. Though of course they can always find other ways to get rid of someone if it's really an issue :rolleyes:)

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
And you can get rid of the dog urine smell in an apartment....cat spray stays forever I swear.

I wonder if it has anything to do with barking? I get that cats make noise too, but it doesn't seem to be as frequent or as loud (usually) as a bored dog.

Sometimes the landlords will take it case by case though. If you provide references from previous LLs, trainers, vets, doctors, etc. they might be more apt to allow a dog.

(One of the few things I like about Ontario, according to the Landlord-Tenant Act, you can't deny someone based on a pet, nor can you kick them out just for having one. Though of course they can always find other ways to get rid of someone if it's really an issue :rolleyes:)

Yeah I have a non barky dog and mentioned that. I did email back and elaborated. Stating I would not only be willing to give references or have them meet Izzie but i would be willing to pay a pet deposit too. I've only had one landlord, my current one who doesn't actually allow ANY pets but he knows Iz. He said to me he can't even tell if she's here or not when I'm out.

This rental would be perfect logistically and for purely selfish reasons of mine lol. I want to stay on this side of town. Quite honestly university students would cause more damage than my dog and there are more than enough of those renting.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I totally feel your pain. As somebody trying to deal with apartment hunting in the city with a dog. It seriously sucks.

From what I've heard from landlords, the most common complaint/issue is not damage (which is covered by security deposit)...it's noise complaints from neighbors, which dogs are more apt to cause.

Sucks. Especially for people with well trained dogs. I don't want to pull the service dog card but hot ****, he COMES TO WORK WITH ME, he sleeps all day, wtf is the issue

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
The sh*t going on downtown right now is terrifying. I'd like it to be cleared and over as soon as possible. So much for our days where our capital building were open and free to the public. :/

JessLough

Love My Mutt
There is somebody (or somebodys, from what I heard possibly one that has been killed and one or two more running around?) running around downtown, shooting civilians. Started at Parliament, with a soldier shot.

Downtown lays between the job I worked this morning and both home and night job.

I'm trying to get home but I'm not even sure what all is going on, so who knows if I can or not. :-/

We told that:
We sometimes joined in Chazaddicts -Facebook group but we were removed later from it for some reason. :confused: It would be nice if someone who knows told the reason for it. How can we come back there so that we could write there?
So, does anyone know anything about that?

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
There is somebody (or somebodys, from what I heard possibly one that has been killed and one or two more running around?) running around downtown, shooting civilians. Started at Parliament, with a soldier shot.

Downtown lays between the job I worked this morning and both home and night job.

I'm trying to get home but I'm not even sure what all is going on, so who knows if I can or not. :-/
The downtown webcams show row upon row of stuck busses since the main roads for them are still shut down.

News reports are all conflicting, unsurprising with chaotic live news. Though police are currently on high alert around Rideau.

I'm a good 4-5 km from there, so not really far away from all this but enough to feel safe. I was out for a run with Finn at lunch and a construction vehicle made a loud gunshot-sounding noise, and me and another pedestrian crouched instinctively. This isn't Ottawa. :/

JessLough

Love My Mutt
The downtown webcams show row upon row of stuck busses since the main roads for them are still shut down.

News reports are all conflicting, unsurprising with chaotic live news. Though police are currently on high alert around Rideau.

I'm a good 4-5 km from there, so not really far away from all this but enough to feel safe. I was out for a run with Finn at lunch and a construction vehicle made a loud gunshot-sounding noise, and me and another pedestrian crouched instinctively. This isn't Ottawa. :/
Ahh OK. Good to know.

I ended up taking the 101. Which takes the 417 and Catherine. So I'm currently on Catherine, holding my breathe until we get far away from here.

Members online

No members online now.