The Venting Thread

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Yes I think that's probably it because they don't hurt as much when I wear my tennis shoes. I have a bad habit of wearing my boots til they fall off my feet lol.
See if you can get some SuperFeet inserts - when I was wearing regular shoes and hiking boots they helped immensely! Most of the 'cowboy' boots I've had had very little cushioning or support, so the inserts would help give you that if you don't get relief by buying new boots.

FG167

I'm too poor to afford CrossFit anymore. I am finally at a weight I actually like and I'm worried I'm not going to be able to sustain it...and I desperately miss working out.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I'm too poor to afford CrossFit anymore. I am finally at a weight I actually like and I'm worried I'm not going to be able to sustain it...and I desperately miss working out.
Noooooo. =< Cost is the biggest reason I don't CrossFit... it really is expensive. How about doing some of the CrossFit at home workouts? You could probably do many of them at a commercial gym, although I hear some commercial gyms don't like deadlifts. Or presses. Or basically anything with barbells that aren't curls. Don't go to one of those and you should be fine though!
Advanced body weight workouts maybe? I was just reading about strength through body weight workouts! From this blog: http://www.niashanks.com/

Dogs6

Plus One
I've just handed in my notice. I don't know whether to be glad or horrified. I don't have another job lined up. I'm barely working any hours at my other 2 jobs. I've only got 3-4 months car insurance saved up (luckily I still live at home and dont pay rent). I'm absolutely terrified.

Realistically I know it's the right decision. Things have been going downhill for a while now. My wages where short last month, they haven't been getting me the hay and food I need to give the horses when I need it. But even so. I've been at this job for almost 3 years. It was the second job I ever had. I've worked almost every day since I started. It's pretty much part of my daily routine. If I'm not home and someone lets Aura out she will run to the stables to get me. I won't get to ride as much any more, if I even get to ride at all.

Omg I can't believe this.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
See if you can get some SuperFeet inserts - when I was wearing regular shoes and hiking boots they helped immensely! Most of the 'cowboy' boots I've had had very little cushioning or support, so the inserts would help give you that if you don't get relief by buying new boots.
The boots I use aren't really "cowboy" boots, they are this kind : http://www.ariat.com/HRTG_III_ZIP_H...G__III__ZIP__H20__W__FOO_color=BLACK#start=11

Ariats are supposed to be some of the most comfortable boots out there ... And they are, I have a funny feeling they are just worn out.

If that's not it, are there Any other types of shoes that will protect my feet from a horses hooves ( wearing tennis shoes really isn't safe around horses lol and bathing horses my feet would get wet) and would also be comfortable?

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Holy crap that last horse I ponied was a bad one! He Spooked when the groom hands me the rope to bring him out of the saddling paddock ... Almost got loose ... I almost burned through my gloves hanging on with a cotton rope! Glad I decided to wear them lol

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
The boots I use aren't really "cowboy" boots, they are this kind : http://www.ariat.com/HRTG_III_ZIP_H...G__III__ZIP__H20__W__FOO_color=BLACK#start=11

Ariats are supposed to be some of the most comfortable boots out there ... And they are, I have a funny feeling they are just worn out.

If that's not it, are there Any other types of shoes that will protect my feet from a horses hooves ( wearing tennis shoes really isn't safe around horses lol and bathing horses my feet would get wet) and would also be comfortable?
Not for riding, but I really like the Muck Chore boots. They're comfortable and waterproof. Unfortunately they're also too bulky to safely ride in.

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
Ugh, someone's messing with me and must have told everyone to write on facebook that it's my birthday and now I'm getting bombarded with happy birthday messages.

Lyzelle

Tired. It is cool I have hours but 1 day off a week sorta sucks. Especially when it is an hour to and from work. I feel like there is no time to get anything done!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I just looked at uHaul rental rates.

Holy. Freaking. God.

Let us just hope that my dad's truck can pull a trailer for 900 miles (and then drive 900 miles back home) and that I can fit everything we have into one trailer. Because that is going to be the ONLY way I can afford this move. A truck rental is going to cost upwards of $1000.

Whatever stupid rule that is for the Navy to not to help cover moving expenses because "it is his first duty station" is freaking STUPID.

Thank God we're in a teenie tiny apartment and don't have much stuff. Looks like I may be leaving the furniture behind after all.

Also thank God he's only 900 miles away versus the 2200 miles away that was the other alternative.

ETA: Michael just sent me beach pictures.
That makes it more bearable. LOL

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Tired. It is cool I have hours but 1 day off a week sorta sucks. Especially when it is an hour to and from work. I feel like there is no time to get anything done!
At least you get a day off ... We don't. The positive? At least I by to work with animals so it's not really that bad ... I actually enjoy it :) even if I get a little tired sometimes.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney

Holy. Freaking. God.

Let us just hope that my dad's truck can pull a trailer for 900 miles (and then drive 900 miles back home) and that I can fit everything we have into one trailer. Because that is going to be the ONLY way I can afford this move. A truck rental is going to cost upwards of $1000.

Whatever stupid rule that is for the Navy to not to help cover moving expenses because "it is his first duty station" is freaking STUPID.

Thank God we're in a teenie tiny apartment and don't have much stuff. Looks like I may be leaving the furniture behind after all.

Also thank God he's only 900 miles away versus the 2200 miles away that was the other alternative.

I don't know if it's any cheaper but have you checked into PODS?

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I don't know if it's any cheaper but have you checked into PODS?
We're looking into alternative options. Never heard of PODS, will have to check it out! Luckily for us, if my Dad's truck can make the 1800 mile round trip, it won't be too expensive to just rent a trailer.

This is why my plan is to stuff everything I want to take with me in the back of my car and go lol.
If only I didn't have a Civic. LOL But, that is an option...depending on prices and everything, we may just leave the furniture (excluding the bed) behind. We don't have much anyway, and what we do have is going to need to be replaced soon. But I'd like to not do that if at all possible.

crazedACD

Holy. Freaking. God.

There are companies also that drop off their trailer, you pack up what you need to, they come and pick it up and put a divider, and then pick up someone else's stuff (depending on who needs what space) and then they drive it to your destination. I believe the fees were less expensive than uhaul (you are sharing space in the trailer, we only needed part of one for a houseful). ABF is one company.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Asked my dad what he thinks is wrong with my car. He says it all sounds like BCM. But they replaced the BCM last year and it still didn't fix the starter problem... and they had it for an extra two weeks and claimed they could never get it to not start. At least once a day now, it won't start. I don't believe it's the BCM and I'm not thrilled about taking it to the dealership and having it sit there for God knows how long while they mess with it.

But I don't know what else to do because I sure as hell can't afford to replace her. I'm supposed to drive her to Louisville in three weeks...

Grab

Brooks popped the door open on his crate (which is in the bedroom) today. By the time he thumped on the door, he had peed on the bed. Who does that?!:confused: Stinky, intact dog pee. Stripped the bed, cleaned the mattress spot (it only went through a tiny bit, thank heavens), opened a window and could STILL not get the smell to go away. Finally, after a ridiculous amount of investigating, I found that he'd peed on the clothes in the laundry basket too. Asshole Poodle.

Hopefully now that everything is in the washer and dryer, respectively, the smell will clear out. I have a headache that is threatening to be a migraine this evening, and strong smells do not help that.

Again, asshole adolescent dog.

Members online

No members online now.