So apparently I'm unfriendly . . .

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I had a man slap me in a sporting store a year ago. I was in shock. Such shock I couldn't reply...
Mom pointed out after the fact he freaking assaulted me.. and I really should have called the cops. Ever since, I'm a little more on the ball and am a little more assertive. If some whacko grabbed onto me, I would firmly be pointign out it's assault and they better get the hell off before I call the cops.

I've had loads of issues trying to train Cider in public.. Explaining to people let her sit then you can pet her.. 'Oh no the jumping is cute' I live with her, no it's not.. 'oh I swear it's fine' 'let her be'..
So I have a dog that is jumpy as heck because people do not listen...

Amstaffer

She is crazy and very lucky you didn't beat her &$$. What bothered me most is the mother clearly doesn't know how to supervise her child and lacks the ability to restrain or tell her daughter "No". On top of that she defends (aggressively) her daughter...even though he daughter is clearly in the wrong. This is a huge problem that is on the rise.

I was pushed by a student at school and the mother came to school the next day and wanted to blame me because I stood in a doorway to a restricted area and wouldn't let her son pass when he wanted to. I think many parents today are raising their "friends" instead of raising their children.

PS... Buy a Pit Bull most people are afraid to pet them ;) (much to Sal and Athena's displeasure...)

Cheza

Ugh what a b**** lol. I told that to Rob and he went off on this rant about what he woulda said to her.
As an aside, wow on the success of her down-stay!!

Melissa_W

Wow, she has a lot of nerve! She was totally out of line. And her child sounds completely spoiled. Some people... :rolleyes:

IliamnasQuest

Loves off-leash training!
RD, you did just the right thing. And by not reacting adversely to her grabbing you, you saved Eve from having a bad experience. I'm sure that if you had gotten upset at the woman or hit her then your dog would have been a bit freaked out by it all. You did what was right for EVE, and that's such a mature thing to do.

Sometimes you just have to put up with the idiots and then walk away shaking your head thinking "thank doG I'M not so stupid!" .. *L* .. good job, and good Eve for holding her stay!

Melanie and the gang in Alaska

Wow what a jerk of a woman!!! I dont think you were being rude, its your puppy you have every right to decide when she can or cant be petted.

Toller_08

That's absolutely ridiculous! I can't believe people sometimes. I've run into some pretty ignorant people in my life when out with my dogs, but never have I had to deal with anyone like that. I think you dealt with the situation very well. :)

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
That lady would have found my fist in her face. The nerve of some people.

PetCo, Petmart, whatever other pet stores are not the flippin' petting zoo! Geez!

Debi

I'd like to see someone grab my arm..................

I personally can't stand when people think your dog is there for their little child's pleasure. it's not about how well I train my dogs to say I don't like them subjected to little kids grabbing all over them cause some idiot parent thinks it's cute. now...if I think the child is behaved, they ask, it's a little different. I figure....I don't touch your kid, you don't touch my dog. lol

Barb04

Super Moderator
Like this woman assumes every dog that goes to Petco is friendly so her daughter can pet them - wrong!

Rosefern

I do the same thing with Flicka. And she's a therapy dog, so she's used to being touched by strangers. I make her sit before people can pet her. But I've had people be very rough with her, or just run up to her and pet her before I can tell them anything about her. She wouldn't react to being grabbed but THEY DON'T KNOW THAT. I had lots of problems training her in public.

Now Pepe is a different story. He's very friendly and sweet - with people he knows. Myself, my dad, my friends - he's all over them. He's also very friendly to people I know, even if he's never met them. He senses that I'm at ease and comfortable, and so he should be too. I don't let people pet him in public places such as Petsmart, Petco, wherever.

Rosefern

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Holy Craaap....

That lady was totally out of line. If it has been me, and Ronin or Ilsa instead of Eve... that lady wouldn't have a working arm to grab *anyone*!

I was at a dog show last year where a small child (under five years) was wandering around, unattended, hugging dogs. She ended up grabbing a Doberman's butt from the behind... and WOW! The dog just looked confused, but the handler literally grabbed the girl and threw the girl aside... THEN the parents showed their faces! The parents got a pretty good tongue-lashing, it was great!

Sunnierhawk0

Feelin' Froggy? Jump!
Dang Grace... thats just insane.

Yea you def. werent overreacting and she def. had no right to put her hands anywhere near you, let alone grab you. If it had been anyone else, she might of not been so lucky to walk away without a black eye

Members online

No members online now.