Will You Switch Dog Food?

Alimel

I Live in My Dog's House
In light of the changes in Canidae and the rising cost of some of the foods on the market, will you switch? If higher prices are an issue, what would you switch to?

Maxy24

I'm switching cat food because I feed felidae (cat version of canidae). My new food is more expensive ( like $6 more) but since my dad pays for the dry I'm just going to pay the difference. I switched to Before grain (by Merrick) which is a plus since it's grain free.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
just switched to Taste of the Wild --used the last of the canidae yesterday. don't like the looks of the new formula--so will see how this goes.

Hillside

Original Twin
Saga WAS on Canidae, because she was horribly gassy on the regular Innova, just turns out she a gassy anyways, so we have switched back to Innova. I am always on the quest for new kibble though.

SpringerLover

I might switch Bailey's (well, keep it switched) but I can't with Buzz. Tried that and ended up with a super itchy, pathetic dog. He stays on Fromm Salmon. I might try Innova again with Bailey.

Right now she's eating NV Lamb.

borzoimom

Couch Pototoe City
I went to raw when feeding raw was more expensive than doing any good kibble on the market.. Now - its the reverse- doing raw is cheaper but that is now why I have continued. I do raw because I know the quality and what my dogs are eating.. Take planning - yes- is it worth it- yes- is it easy- yes- matter of habit..
When I started raw in 1984 we were the crazy people. And only a few of mine were eating raw- .. then the ethoxyquin hit the foods and all heck broke loose. I went to raw and never looked back. It wasnt just my dogs effected- it was also my daughter..

noludoru

Bored Now.
IF I was feeding Canidae, hell yeah I'd switch. We were feeding Innova and switched to Kirkland, and he's being supplemented with Orijen.

SpringerLover

Ugh, I need to start budgeting again and go raw. It annoys me to feed kibble but I'm SO bad at budgeting.

That and I hate hacking up Turkeys and it takes my dog DAYS to eat one so I HAVE to hack it up... haha.

Mine get some raw at times for variety, the thing is, with the exception of beef hearts or what he catches and kills himself, Bimmer PREFERS his EVO RM. You should see the pathetic looks he gives me when I give him chicken quarters or turkey parts :eek:

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Well, we have one on raw, and two on EVO and EVO RM. A second is going to be transitioned to raw and I have no idea what to do with Banzai, he is so d@mn picky, but it sure as heck is not going to be Canidae.

Cheza

Cheza's allergic to... most things. She was on Canidae for awhile and didn't suit her. She's on Fromm's Duck and Sweet Potato now and is doing just great

Well, we have one on raw, and two on EVO and EVO RM. A second is going to be transitioned to raw and I have no idea what to do with Banzai, he is so d@mn picky, but it sure as heck is not going to be Canidae.
Why not leave Banzai in his EVO? He likes it, it's good for him - if it ain't broke . . . I swear, he is so much like Bimmer!

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
I'd prefer they all -eventually- eat the same thing. Bella is going to be transitioned to raw next month. Banzai liked some of the home cooked stuff we did, but it's always a grab bag. We'll see how it goes.

Members online

No members online now.