Crazy Standard Poodle haircuts please!

Domestika

I work with a groomer who just got her #1 wish: a client with a standard poodle who will let her do ANYTHING with its hair.

The poodle is a very large (100 pound+) male with jet black hair and, currently, a very long coat, about 4 or 5 inches in length all over right now. He has a shaved face and a 6" long goatee on his chin. :D

The groomer is looking for some good ideas. Any suggestions?

If it was me I would cord him, but that's just because I want a corded standard.

Whatever she does I hope she has tons of fun!

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
Poodlelington

its basically a bedlington cut on a poodle. i love it!

and I also love corded poodles, but I dont want to mess with cording what so ever.

Saeleofu

The poodle is a very large (100 pound+) male
Holy cow! Is he overweight, or is that his normal size? If that's his normal size, is there any chance of knowing what breeder he come from? Pretty please? :D

As for poodle cuts...I'm a huge fan of the ponydoodle!

Also: The poodles transformed into pandas, horses and even snails at 'creative grooming' dog shows | Mail Online

Most are light colored poodles and need coloring, but the bison is pretty cool and could be done on a black poodle. :rofl1:

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
we also groom a poodle that is over 100lbs. he is not overweight, he is just HUGE!
most standards are about half that size!

Domestika

Holy cow! Is he overweight, or is that his normal size? If that's his normal size, is there any chance of knowing what breeder he come from? Pretty please? :D
He's not overweight one bit. He's perfectly fit. He's just an extremely tall, large poodle. :)

I'm not sure who the breeder was... I know she got the dog in Edmonton, Alberta, if that helps.

He also has a smashing personality. Changed my opinion of poodles, that dog did. :D

Domestika

Most are light colored poodles and need coloring, but the bison is pretty cool and could be done on a black poodle. :rofl1:
The bison is awesome. But the PANDA? Omg! I'll definitely pass these along to the groomer.

I'm pretty partial to that Bedlington cut though...

Saeleofu

I know they're generally smaller, but I'm on the lookout for larger ones. There is a breeder here in town, and her dogs are maybe 40 pounds tops, and just barely tall enough to be called standards. I want a BIG one (not necessarily 100 pounds, but good-sized; maybe at least 75 pounds), so if anyone knows of a breeder that has BIG poodles, let me knew please ^.^

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
do to his size a pony cut would be kind of cool, put a saddle on him and lol!
i too just think the oversized poodles are absolutly stunning...
as much as i knwo there not to standard, i cant help but drool over the "giant" poodle

michaelf

Lucky her, the possibilities are endless!
I have no standard clients, I had to buy my own , who is a doll, she was in a ponydoodle for a time.

Lolas Dad

She should do the English Saddle Trim and leave the Goatee

Then she can tell everyone her dog is a cross dresser :rofl1:

Members online

No members online now.