My Great Pyrenese

321gofish

New Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2009
Messages
3
Likes
0
Points
0
Location
Georgia
#1
I had, yes, had a beautiful Great Pyrenese that was the sweetest pet I have ever owned.
I bought her on my birthday in October of 2006. She was eight weeks old with these beautiful markings on her face that purely stated she was full blooded Pyrenese.
From day one she started bonding with me. It don't take long to fall in love with a personality such as that.
These dogs have a loyality second to none. They will give their life for the one's they love.
Lil' Bit would love to play, especially running between your legs from behind, thing was she didn't know she was nearly three feet tall and would take you for a ride everytime she did that. It was all in fun, she never hurt anyone.

One day in January 2008 someone in my neighborhood decided Lil' Bit was too more of a pest than a pet and decided to lace some food with poison so she would find it. Well, unfortunately they succeded. She found the poisoned food and as any pet will do they ate it.
She survived for only two days. It was the most horrible pain you could imagine anything going through. I took her to the vet in hopes we caught this early enough, but the poison had started her kidneys to fail.
I had to leave her at the vet in hopes she may pull through.
The vet called the next morning with the bad news, she had passed.
Needless to say, I was devistated.
My first thought was to find the person that did this and really do something bad to them. But I could never find out exactly who would be so cruel to an animal that lived in my neighborhood.

Bottom line here folks, Keep a close eye on your loved one, there are many sick individuals out in this world.

Because of this idiot, I will never have another friend as Lil' Bit.

Thanks for reading and forgive my grammer.
 

bubbatd

Moderator
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Messages
64,812
Likes
1
Points
0
Age
86
#2
How horrible for you !!! I do hope that you find another pal to fill the hole in your heart ,
 

LuvsDogs

New Member
Joined
May 5, 2007
Messages
542
Likes
0
Points
0
Location
Sydney N.S.W.
#3
That is so sad for you. I know exactly what you're feeling, only I had a good outcome. Back in about '97 April was also poisoned. She spent 3 days in hospital on a drip b4 she improved & came home. I had almost 15 wonderful years with her.
I hope you can bring yourself to bring another dog into your home.
 

321gofish

New Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2009
Messages
3
Likes
0
Points
0
Location
Georgia
#4
Thank You

Thank you for the soothing thoughts. I do miss Lil' Bit very much.

I have been looking for another Great Pyrenese lately. So far no luck.
We will continue to search for one.

This breed of dog is like no other I have seen. They are so loyal and loving.
Lil'Bit was great around anyone, including children, she would never harm anyone or anything.

I hope to find another one like her, of course there can never be another just like her.

Hearing from people like you has really helped, Im so glad there are folks out there with warm hearts such as yours.

Thank You,
Chris
 

Barb04

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Sep 28, 2004
Messages
27,429
Likes
4
Points
38
#5
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I know one day you will find another pup to give all your love to.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Top