Ruby and Doggy Daycare Update

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
for those that dont know i got a job at a nice doggy daycare neer my home a few weeks back...and have decided to take ruby (the chis are next but i want to get ruby in a settled first lol)

anywho
well its been a few weeks since we started comming and i think i owe you an update...

shes doing good...
her progress is slow but steady and thats what i like.
i bring her mon-thurs and were getting a pretty regular crowd in...dogs she remembers each time and i think thats helping...

the first few visits she did nothing but hide in the bed in the corner...
now however she wanders around, explores and the past 3 days shes started to try and play...theres 3 dogs in particular she enjoys the company of, Ziggy a malteese who is typically a terror, but hes very sweet with ruby and will try and initiate play by leaning against her...the first few times he did this she nipped his ear and hid away, then shed walk away...but now, now shes started doing the same thing when she wants to play...shell go over and lean on him or shove her tush in his face or today for the first time ever, hitting him with her paw (she does this at home when playing with the chis!)
then theres mackenzie a sweet cocker x poodle whos best buds with ziggy, they are neighbors...started much the same as ziggies, but today she actually attempted (short lived yes but she put some effort in) to join their game of chase!

i was sooo proud and managed to get some of it on camera...
she doesnt realy get right in there, but instead stays on the outskirts and bounces in when there on the ground and out when they start running!
shes still very warey of actually getting into the center of it, and when it gets too rough shes the first to run for saftey but every step forward is another positive!

its so good to see her interacting!

shouldnt be long now untill shes running and playing with them all the time.

here she is after her ear + sticky = shave incident, i havent yet had chance to get to the store for the stuff to try taping her ears...thatll come on sunday...

she looks sooo weird with nekkid drop ears!

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
so its been a few weeks and i think i owe ya'll some pictures!

enjoying the sun

strutting round the yard

hanging out with mackenzie

*more*

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
the first attempt at play with ziggy

playing leapfrog with Ziggy

and the uber happy moment!
this is the first time since i started bringing her with me that ive seen tha ttail go up!
ziggy and makenzie wer racing round and wrestling and she decided she kinda wanted to play too...
again thsi is the first tail up happy play time shot ive gotten of ruby in the few weeks...this is my "i know shes settling in" shot!

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
and because i can

i think shes stunning even with the ears shaved, but it still looks strange to me...
but i think if i can get those ears standing shell look absolutly amazing!

as a side note...has anyone tried angel eyes for tearstaining?! its driving me crazy!

(and there is a movie of her actually playing that will be comming to the cresties in action section as soon as it uploads!

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
and of course...
proof that she was TRYIGN to interact

as soon as mackenzie faces her to say come on then she backs down and looses interest but she tried...
and babysteps are better than no steps!

Members online

No members online now.