Got really lucky, hit a moose.

Driving home in the wonderfull winter darkness of Alaska I hit a **** moose. The lucky part is this, it was a small moose and only its head hit my windshield. Alaskan moose are some of the largest in the world and I have seen full size truck destroyed in collisions and trains get derailed by them.

So now before I can do anything tomorow is try to get a glass place to come out and replace the wind shield then I can go to the junkyard and get a new drivers side mirror. Of course this derails me getting an important package to FedEx early tomorow.

The moose did not suffer, it was a clean break and no signs of suffering. I would have loved to have filled my freezer but a family that really needs the meat will come out and recover the animal.

joce

Wow,glad your ok. I see deer get mangled all the time and still live through it,how big was it? And do they get hit as much as we hit dear here?

I got hit in the head by a peice of plastic trim that was it, doin the lucky me dance. It was probably a 2 year old cow. I couldnt guess at the weight or height, I couldnt drag it by myself the trucker that stopped could drag it by himself but the 2 of us where able to get it out of the road.

Members online