Help me name my Puppy

angelcake

Hi everyone i'm new here

I'm from France

I'm going to get a cavalier king charles spaniel (a male) in 2 or 3 weeks now. I haven't picked a name yet, and this is becoming a real need !!!!

I France the letter of year 2005 (for pedigree) is "A" and it has to be the begining letter...

I'm looking for an original name, that won't evoke anyone i know (celebrities or humans in general) i'm looking for a real original doggy name...

here are so far the name i came up with
please feel free to tell me your favorite and to give me your suggestions..

Tahnks you all

AC

Adino
Alastair (or Astair)
Alias
Alaro
Alerio
Artemio
Arto
Arvin

just a tip I read somewhere... when naming your puppy, try picking a name with 2 syllables, because your puppy will be able to respond better to it. or at least that's what I read...

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
also avoid any name that sounds like NO..it is just my theory but i believe dogs hear mostly vowel sounds..my old boss liked a name that carried well like Nip or Tuck..but he was training field dogs. I always named mine after someone that i admired..like MAry is named after a little girl i use to babysit. She was a very good girl that tried so hard to please and Mary's puppy personality was very much the same. I let my mom name Victor because i thought if she did maybe she would be smitten with him.( since she was the doggysitter and he a hyper puppy!)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Arto
Arrow

I like the idea of putting Artemis on the papers and calling him Temis, but that's just me.

angelcake

@ smkie :
I know that i musn't pick a name that will sound like 'sit or wait or any order (in french actually as i'm going to talk in french to him lol...;)
so nothing that wil sound like
Assis (sit !)
couché (down!)
Viens ! (come!)
Non ! (No!)
etc...

Zoom said:
Arto
Arrow

Zoom said:
I like the idea of putting Artemis on the papers and calling him Temis, but that's just me.
i've thought about that too...i still have to consider that..

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
next bird dog i get..if i get to have one more i will name Shamus...good name for a bird dog. Since you are from France..how would you pronounce in french? or do you speak english to your puppy? sorry i missed your previous post..you already answered my questions. Actually No is a word you will use more then sit and the others..it is confusing to little puppies..anyway that is what my old boss at the kennels said..i like a name you can play with..like Bronki was bronko billy, bronkus (rolling the r's and drawing it out..he loved that)..Victor ends up being Viccibeans and Mary.. mary margerate Mary angelinie..amongst others.hehe i wanted to name stinky dink..for pete sake don't ever name a dog dink they all end up being stinky..every dink i ever met..anyway there was a movie that had a dog in it and the theme song was me and my arrow..but my mom vetoed it and named him dinky so i can blame it all on her.

Welcome and congrats on the puppy you're getting! How about "Perro"? Isn't that "dog" in french? Or just plain "Charlie" :p

Oh... my Mom (Bubbatd) had a german shepherd growing up when she was in Quebec. They named him Perro... I thought it was a French term. :confused:

Abby
Ally
Aida
Andy
Ambrose
Abba
Asia
Abha
Able
Abra
Api
Abu
Ace
Achen
Ada
Adalia
Adora
Alain
Ancel
Andre
Ariane
Audra
Avril
Avalene

Sounds Spanish to me, as well. If it were French, it would be something like Perra? Lol... maybe I'm just getting my animal names mixed up. We had a cat named Minou ("kitty" in French) :D

angelcake

Perro is not french ;)

The name i'm searching has to beging with "A" ;)

Arto is my fav i think

i'll let you know

Members online

No members online now.