The "We're Going Back to School and Need Support" Thread

TheWonderPuppies

Pres. Of Gutter Club.....
xerxes i probably will be bothering oyu for a lot of help then this semester and next semester for english papers(im a science geek )lol

Dekka

Just try me..
Still have a week and a bit before my classes start. At the moment I am quite looking forward to it (not to the 6-9 class at the DNA cluster at NIGHT!)

Maxy24

I start tomorrow. I did great through middle school but my first year of high school I did so bad I might have destroyed my future. I want straight A's every term (hopefully I can then force my parents to foster a dog, I have not talked with them about this deal yet). I did the wort in English (usually my best subject) and best in Math (usually my worst). I just hope my teachers are not evil.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Well- I'm about to get ready and head in for a year of tortu- err, edumacation. :yikes:

Just got an email from my advisor, advising me that I have too many classes. Reeeaaallly? I guess she forgot me telling her that at the end of last semester. 7 classes. Right. I'm crazy and not all there some of the time, but I'm not completely wacko. I'm dropping one, but still, that's a big load.

Anywho-Jess gave me an awesome idea for my thesis (;) ) and I'm going to speak to my advisor about it and I also have my research class tonight. very exciting if it can be done- you'll have to wait and see if it can be if you're interested. ;)

I still have major anxiety about all of it and my heart isn't 100% into this endeavor, but I've got to at least give it a shot...

Wish me luck and hope that I don't drop dead from anxiety. Please. :D

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I go back on 10th - on placement in a high school with 2000 kids from 11 - 18.

I actually don't know exactly what I will be doing yet, but they liase with lots of agencys, so I think I'll be dealing with the whole spectrum of problems.

I'm kind of wanting to look at anti-social behaviour and substance misuse (note to self - visit library next week!). I'm not sure though... I'm really not..!!! And I KNOW they want me to have an area I'd like to go into...

I'm just worried I'll be in over my head... I'm no longer a student apparently... Now we're called SWITs!! Social Workers in Training! Very posh.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
So I started college as an AnSci/Pre-vet major. I then switched colleges and majors, and moved on to Graphic Design. Now I'm really considering majoring in Psychology.

I can get my dream career if I stick with Graphic Design. I love Psychology though (and Biology/Animal Science, too...), and I most likely would still be able to get my dream job with a degree in Psychology. Pre-vet is definitely not an option for where I really would love to work, so that's not much of a choice anymore.

I've got some thinking to do. :eek:

I hope everyone is having or will have fun in their classes!

Dekka

Just try me..
Ugg ok so school doesnt' start till next week. I still can't find where I should pick my elective! And classes start wed, BUT it says late classes on tues, after 5, run as normal. Now we have forensics lab at the dna cluster at the university at 6 on tues. But do we go to that, the university doesn't start classes till the week after.

Brattina88

So... its my second week this semester and I don't like any of my classes. I'm taking ALG 027 MTWR, ENGL 162 MWF, and Intro to Sociology MWF. On T/R I also have Intro to ECE - which is completely dumb because its what I did in my junior and senior year of high school because I went to a joint vocational school for ECE for two years :rolleyes:

My Soc teacher is from Africa, and he's really cool, but I'm having a really hard time understanding him lol. Plus the begining work is pretty boring, scientific method, statistics and stuff. Real hard, and real exciting :rolleyes:
My English teacher is a fruit cake. He says "anywho" and rambles about video games and brainstorming. We have 9 Cinderella stories to read and summarize by Friday. Which I also did at the JVS...

I'm also MAD as heck, because the professor just told me last Thurs that the classes that I'm supposed to be exempt from (along with 3 or 4 other students in the same Intro to ECE class) are out the window. Apparently, my instructor of ECE at the JVS let the credential hours "expire", therefore making the classes that we took for the past 2yrs, that counted as several college credits, useless. Needless to say we are all calling and complaining to that instructor, and she is not calling anyone back. I am calling her supervisor tomorrow . . . :mad: They WILL fix this, or .... .... I don't even know what to say . . . :eek:

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
So I started college as an AnSci/Pre-vet major. I then switched colleges and majors, and moved on to Graphic Design. Now I'm really considering majoring in Psychology.

I can get my dream career if I stick with Graphic Design. I love Psychology though (and Biology/Animal Science, too...), and I most likely would still be able to get my dream job with a degree in Psychology. Pre-vet is definitely not an option for where I really would love to work, so that's not much of a choice anymore.

I've got some thinking to do.

I hope everyone is having or will have fun in their classes! ]
Wow, do you have some thinking to do. If you need someone who can be objective to bounce ideas of off, lemme know. :)

Ugg ok so school doesnt' start till next week. I still can't find where I should pick my elective! And classes start wed, BUT it says late classes on tues, after 5, run as normal. Now we have forensics lab at the dna cluster at the university at 6 on tues. But do we go to that, the university doesn't start classes till the week after.
That's odd- that classes after 5 run on Tuesday? What's with school starting in the middle of the week anyways? My first day was today and it's so weird starting in the middle of the week. Why can't we stat next week after the holiday? I mean, really? :confused:

So... its my second week this semester and I don't like any of my classes. I'm taking ALG 027 MTWR, ENGL 162 MWF, and Intro to Sociology MWF. On T/R I also have Intro to ECE - which is completely dumb because its what I did in my junior and senior year of high school because I went to a joint vocational school for ECE for two years
Did you get college credit for those classes? I don't see why you wouldn't...

My Soc teacher is from Africa, and he's really cool, but I'm having a really hard time understanding him lol. Plus the begining work is pretty boring, scientific method, statistics and stuff. Real hard, and real exciting
ooh! That's neat. Sorry its hard to understand him, though. That can make class really difficult. Once you get past the boring stuff, things will get more exciting. :D

My English teacher is a fruit cake. He says "anywho" and rambles about video games and brainstorming. We have 9 Cinderella stories to read and summarize by Friday. Which I also did at the JVS...
I don't even know what to say to this... maybe I'll sleep on it, lol.

I'm also MAD as heck, because the professor just told me last Thurs that the classes that I'm supposed to be exempt from (along with 3 or 4 other students in the same Intro to ECE class) are out the window. Apparently, my instructor of ECE at the JVS let the credential hours "expire", therefore making the classes that we took for the past 2yrs, that counted as several college credits, useless. Needless to say we are all calling and complaining to that instructor, and she is not calling anyone back. I am calling her supervisor tomorrow . . . :mad: They WILL fix this, or .... .... I don't even know what to say . . .
Whoa. Big mess up. You don't let up on them. That needs to be fixed. They can't waste your time, or your money, like that.

Dekka

Just try me..
Mon is a holdiday, and tues is the orientation stuff for new students. So classes start wed.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
My classes start Tuesday, my SECOND year in college! :D YAY!

I think I'm most excited about SCUBA this year! lol ya!

Richie12345

I think I'm actually going to have fun this school year... My AP history class is the most interesting, and my teacher seems pretty cool even though he's a... raiders fan... one of the kids is gonna bring in a ps2 and we're gonna play the teacher on Madden. If we beat him, we get extra credit points...

The only bad part is that we are giving 3 hours of homework, I much rather just be given the tests and skip the whole homework part. I already know most of the stuff they're teaching. I'm just excited to debate about current events, and hear about the whole global warming green house gases stuff (can you believe they're gonna talk about that in history? lol). I love hearing about how the corporations are responsible for destroying the earth and such.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
I think I'm actually going to have fun this school year... My AP history class is the most interesting, and my teacher seems pretty cool even though he's a... raiders fan... one of the kids is gonna bring in a ps2 and we're gonna play the teacher on Madden. If we beat him, we get extra credit points...
:eek:

AP History? AP Calculus I could tolerate. AP Environmental Science was pretty fun. But I could not bring myself to take an AP History class!

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
What is it with professors scheduling huge assignments to be turned in all around the same time? WTF. Like I have hours to work on each of their projects due at the same time... *grumble*

Members online

No members online now.