Sleep easy, Molly

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
This evening we helped Molly over the Rainbow Bridge to be free of the pain she was in.

When we first got her 12 years ago I don't think any of us knew we would grow to love her so much. She was a naughty dog. I remember when we got her... I was jumping on the trampoline and when my mom brought her in the backyard, she hopped up on the trampoline with me. We came home one day to find her tied up in the neighbor's yard, because she had jumped out a window when we were gone. And I remember standing on the other side of our 6ft privacy fence, whispering, "Molly, Molly..." until she'd jump right over it.

She was the sweetest dog anyone could have hoped for. She could be trusted with kids and babies of all ages, and any animals... even when our cat would walk up and nip her ear, she'd just turn around and lick him in the face. She just wanted to please.

But we knew she couldn't live forever and she ultimately became the victim of what the vet is all but 100% sure was bone cancer. She's been in pain these past few days and we didn't even know it--that's why she was so restless and goofy a couple days ago. She had no platelets in her blood and was bleeding internally. And despite the fact that she has been drinking BOWLS of water daily... she was dehydrated.

I had always imagined that when this time came, we'd have a few days to digest everything before actually having her put to sleep. I had always thought we'd be able to go for a walk one last time, and that I'd give her a burger or something that I know she would have loved. But when I woke up today she was already at the vet, and I didn't get to see her until it was time to say goodbye.

So goodnight, Molly. My heart dog that I can never, ever replace. You didn't deserve to be in pain any longer.

Molly will ever be with you in your heart, and she won't let you be lonely. One of these days you'll look into the eyes of a dog and you'll know Molly's sent that one to you and wants you to be happy and loved.

R

RedyreRottweilers

That is a beautiful tribute. They never stay long enough, and they sure take a piece of your heart with them when they go.

My deepest sympathies to all who loved her.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Molly was a beautiful and special girl. She will live on forever in your heart and memories. Always remember how much love you gave to each other.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Rip you beautiful Girl Molly. I am so sorry for you loss. (((((HUGS)))))
She sounds as if she were the perfect dog for a family to share.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Thanks guys. :)
I've gotten through today much better than I thought I would, maybe just because I've kept busy... I had school and then my friends bought me dinner, so I haven't really thought about it much. I do get teary eyed though when people tell me they're sorry, and ask me how I'm doing... and this morning I started bawling when my mom asked me if it was okay if we talked about her. I do okay if I just think about her, but if other people talk about her or if I talk about her, I can't.

Members online

No members online now.