The Venting Thread

joce

House basically failed inspection. Will need new roof soon and should be done now. Electric all needs updated. Chimney and basement have large spots that need repaired which may involve lifting house. Already knew floors and drywall needed redone everywhere. The bugs that were in the wood damage it.

He said bank may loan on it since conventional and we have a lot down. But we went looking at 150,000 places so we could spend fifty fixing it up and be done. Not 100,000 or more. I swear it did not look that bad.

We may offer cash for the land. Nicest lot we have looked at. Then tear down and build. Septic is tomorrow and bet it fails to. Apparently a really old type. So may e they will take the offer since thy now have to disclose all this.

So sick of this. I've the money, I've got the credit. I just can't find a place with land and in the right spot that will pass inspection. Last one was less than ten!!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I would either adjust your offer to reflect what needs fixed, or do the land offer and build new.

It sucks finding places that meet your criteria!

joce

I would either adjust your offer to reflect what needs fixed, or do the land offer and build new.

It sucks finding places that meet your criteria!

If it wasnt for the horses(and the fact I do not want to be anywhere near town! LOL!) we could have any number of awesome places with five or less acres. There have literally been only three that don't look like a tear down job that have come up the last year or so in our county. I am looking in five counties :eek: This place is the land and school district we want to hopefully land offer works.

Saeleofu

I was looking for decently priced premade raw for Logan, and I mentioned how I wish I had a freezer, since it's so cheap if I can buy in bulk.

Then my mom says "Well maybe some day if you ever get a REAL job you can get a freezer. That's one of those things you can do with a REALL full time job. Some day."

Yeah, I know. I fail at life. I'm almost 26 and I still don't have a full time job. I'm trying, but I suck . You don't really have too rub it in every day.

And then when I say something, she acts like SHE'S the victim because "I didn't mean to insult you. It's just you need a full time job to do that." You know what? **** you. You've never had a full time job, either, and talk about stuff you'd like to do if you had more money. Why do you have to make me feel like **** when I say something? Then "Well, you're still in school." Yeah, because I'm a ****-up and can't get a job. That's the only reason I'm still in school.

Last edited:

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Class starts next week. I get an email today from the chair of one of the classes saying it's a hard class, so here's the syllabus and first lecture to read over ahead of time. Not ready for this. -_-

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I don't know if some people do that because they don't realize that it's hurtful, like ... They don't realize how it will sound to the other person or what.

I ... Have a nack for doing that :p, I don't mean to be hurtful but my ADHD brain sometimes blurts things out before inhsveba chance to filter them.

Shut up. Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP. SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP. For the love of god would you JUST SHUT IT SHUT THE #$!@ UP.

sigh

(not in response to any posts here btw)

Grab

Our kennel person at work (a younger person who has worked there a few months) was in a very nasty car accident last night. People in Arizona do not know how to drive in the rain (in general) and it seems they were going a bit fast. They were apparently buckled in but were still ejected... She's apparently coherent, but has some nasty injuries, as does her significant other. That's sad in and of itself. On top of that, we're sooo short handed. You would think that one person being out of work for a period of time making everything shut down at work might convince people that we need more techs, but no....

Meanwhile they have more receptionists. Why does one business need seven receptionists?!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
MY CAR JUST GOT TOWED BECAUSE SOME @SSHOLE DOESN'T HAVE THE DECENCY TO JUST PARK NEXT TO ME BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE STOLE MY SPOT AND I'M NOT A BIG ENOUGH B*TCH TO CALL THE TOW COMPANY ON THEM.

/lowercase

Ugh I had an awful, awful dream last night where all three of the dogs got lost at the same time for something like 2 or 3 weeks and I was putting up signs and taking out ads and everything I could think of to do but they were just gone. Just gone and I didn't know what to do. And a couple of times I woke up in a haze confused with half-asleep, hopeful thoughts like "but I remember doing xyz with Maisy today, does that mean we found them and they are back?!" and then falling asleep and the dream continued.

Finally one day I saw a guy walking Squash and he said he had just adopted him from animal control but Squash went bananas when he saw me and then the guy remembered the signs around the neighborhood and figured he should return him. And oh btw did I know that AC was right down the street from me, maybe I should go look there? And I did and Pip and Maisy were there and I brought them home but ugh I still feel so icky. So. Icky.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
for some reason, Hannah is struggling with bad dreams and waking up scared at night. The past couple days, after Brian has gotten up for work, she's come into my bed to sleep with me (it's still dark when Brian gets up for work). I think maybe a brighter nightlight would help but I don't currently have a bright one... I just have one that plugs into the wall right beside her bed. I'm half tempted to wrap Christmas lights around the canopy poles of her bed lol... I wonder if that would work.

I feel terrible for her and I don't know how to help alleviate her fears and I can't figure out what triggered this and she doesn't seem to know either.

for some reason, Hannah is struggling with bad dreams and waking up scared at night. The past couple days, after Brian has gotten up for work, she's come into my bed to sleep with me (it's still dark when Brian gets up for work). I think maybe a brighter nightlight would help but I don't currently have a bright one... I just have one that plugs into the wall right beside her bed. I'm half tempted to wrap Christmas lights around the canopy poles of her bed lol... I wonder if that would work.

I feel terrible for her and I don't know how to help alleviate her fears and I can't figure out what triggered this and she doesn't seem to know either.
Get her a dream catcher and tell her the story about them.
Also, if you have a Costco membership, they have LED rope lights that change color and dance and all kinds of fun stuff by remote. You can dim them and brighten them and just about anything you can think of.

Those are the ones in our room, Winnie has them too. They rock. :)

Saeleofu

How about a lamp with a red light bulb? I used one even as an adult up until a few months ago (after my gecko study...I weaned myself off so my gecko can have complete darkness). It doesn't affect circadian rhythms, but still provides a good amount of visible light (the whole room). My nephew loves it, too. With red light illuminating the whole room, you don't have to worry about dark corners ;)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator

Has she mentioned what kind of bad dreams they are? Like what's she dreaming about?

My vent, I'm super tired and can't figure out why. I was super tired yesterday too. I don't feel like I slept poorly. I was up a little later than usual, but not SUPER late, and I know I woke up once to go to the bathroom - but other than that, I'm pretty sure I slept well and through the night... I just don't think I should be this tired...

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Get her a dream catcher and tell her the story about them.
Also, if you have a Costco membership, they have LED rope lights that change color and dance and all kinds of fun stuff by remote. You can dim them and brighten them and just about anything you can think of.

Those are the ones in our room, Winnie has them too. They rock. :)
Ooooh those rope lights look perfect. We have glowing stars on the ceiling but they don't give off much light and they fade quickly lol.

How about a lamp with a red light bulb? I used one even as an adult up until a few months ago (after my gecko study...I weaned myself off so my gecko can have complete darkness). It doesn't affect circadian rhythms, but still provides a good amount of visible light (the whole room). My nephew loves it, too. With red light illuminating the whole room, you don't have to worry about dark corners ;)
That's interesting. I wouldn't have thought of that. "shadows" in the room seem to be the main cause for concern when she is awake or wakes during the night and trying to explain that it's just her toys doesn't matter when you are young, scared, and have a vivid imagination. I'll have to look into that.

Has she mentioned what kind of bad dreams they are? Like what's she dreaming about?

She says she can't remember... which is good I guess but doesn't help me much lol. There is only one that I can recall that she remembered and told me about and it was that she got lost from us and was all alone and everyone around her started fighting but for the most part she seems to not remember them once she's awake. She remembers that she had a bad dream and that she is scared but can't remember why or what it was about.

noludoru

Bored Now.
My vent is about the neighbors Yappy Little Terrors.

The barking was minimized for a while.. It's back! I've almost overslept for the last week in a row. They start barking randomly from 4-6:30AM and wake me up so that when I fall back asleep I'm dead to the world, sleep past my alarms, and am exhausted for the rest of the day.

My plan to deal with this is going to be getting up out of bed and ringing her doorbell every time it happens, regardless of time of day. If it wakes me up, she needs to be woken up so that she can control her dogs.

The chick behind us who constantly throws loud parties is less annoying.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Ooooh those rope lights look perfect. We have glowing stars on the ceiling but they don't give off much light and they fade quickly lol.

That's interesting. I wouldn't have thought of that. "shadows" in the room seem to be the main cause for concern when she is awake or wakes during the night and trying to explain that it's just her toys doesn't matter when you are young, scared, and have a vivid imagination. I'll have to look into that.

She says she can't remember... which is good I guess but doesn't help me much lol. There is only one that I can recall that she remembered and told me about and it was that she got lost from us and was all alone and everyone around her started fighting but for the most part she seems to not remember them once she's awake. She remembers that she had a bad dream and that she is scared but can't remember why or what it was about.
Shoot I am 30 years old & bad dreams STILL scare the crap out of me, I also have a very active imagination & sleep with a small lamp on at night because if I wake, shaken from a bad dream, if the room is dark I get really panicked. I also think those LED lights are cool as well :)

Paviche

Duuuuude.
When would you be thing? If Riff is ok with other dogs and its not between the 4th and the 11th of September, we can watch him.
Kinda late responding, sorry! Wow, that would be totally amazing if it worked out. I'm not *sure* if it would because his problem is that he's afraid of strangers, especially men. I know that when I first got him it was BARKBARKBARKBARKBARK for as long as he was in "stranger danger" mode but at this point I don't know how quickly he bounces back from it, because I've been trying to socialize him a lot. He does love other dogs (and kids :)) so I'd definitely be interested in you guys meeting him at least? I'm looking at going late October but that's not set in stone. No earlier than October, though!

Hate? Dallas ain't that bad. Lol
Eh, I spent 11 years in Dallas and between the heat and the people, I would be perfectly happy to never go back. Unfortunately if the options are avoid Texas or ever get to see my friend, I'll pick her every time. **** that girl. :rofl1:

Members online