The Good News thread

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
So the story, that I will probably copy and paste to it's own thread with pictures later-

Had no idea what we were doing today.

Got up, had lunch at an awesome organic grille, then he takes me to the zoo. Had no idea we were going there. I knew I needed a bathing suit already and found out during an orientation that we were in a group of 8 to get to interact with the dolphins in the pool & feed them + ask for cute behaviors (and pictures). SWEET.

We finished up there after a few hours and seeing a dolphin show and he takes me to the ultimate dog show that runs 4 times throughout the day at the zoo. I knew three of his good friends were 3/4 of the trainers running the show. Got to meet two beforehand, and sat down to watch.

Didn't really think he'd be proposing during the show- one of their tricks involves a volunteer from the audience bringing and article into the arena and hiding it, then taking their seat again. They bring a few dogs out and "compete" in time to find the article, then track the scent back to the individual in the audience who left it. So Tim (tracking dog handler) asks for a volunteer. Willy says, you should do it. I say no. I turn back and Tim is pointing at me, calling me up specifically. I realize at this point it's a set up. So I go up there, hide my purse, and take my seat. They bring one dog out, he finds it. They bring the most amazing tracking beagle out, he finds it, and then Willy's friend Christina brings him to start searching for me. They leave the arena and he's looking, makes one wrong turn and then bounces back in my direction. I was floored at his skill in such a distracting environment. He starts to walk by me, turns around and sits (his alert) and the crowd starts cheering. Willy's friend Christina hands him a headset and Tim, who is also on a headset, asks "what's that on Sam's collar? " or something to that effect and Willy grabs the collar off, which has the ring attached, says some sappy words, and asks me to marry him in front of the entire audience. I say yes. He hired a photographer so I'm anxious to see those pictures!! It was kind of absolutely awesome. I'm still in shock.

Eta. He made the collar (out of contact colors- the colors for our wedding) and he sent it to his grandma to embroider, then she mailed it back and he gave it to his friend with the ring a few days ago to hold onto for the show. :)
What an awesome engagement story! Congratulations!
I can't wait for pictures :)

DJEtzel

What an awesome engagement story! Congratulations!
I can't wait for pictures :)
Thanks! ME EITHER. Lol. We got our picture taken with the training team and Sam the beagle afterwards as well. I'm most excited for that. I probably look dumb in the actual event pictures because I was confused and shocked and probably didn't have my mouth closed. :p

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I just heard my old manager who made my life a living hell and nearly drove me to breakdown has finally been sent off site due to other employee grievances. Karma is a bitch. I'm so pleased! I hope she feels every emotion she's put all these others through.

Lyzelle

Life is good, getting even better. :)

First day of work was today. It seems pretty awesome and I like the account to I am working for. You don't get a much better cause than breast cancer. And the pay is ridiculous good. Benefits are ridiculous good. And the work is simple. Management is pleasant. Fun, even.

I like it. We will be on our own HOUSE.

HOUSE PEOPLE.

By August.

And the divorce, too. Which means marriage and me getting pregnant in less than a year.

All is as it should be. After all the crap we dealt with, we are finally getting what we deserve. And it feels good.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Had to take Belle to the vet today for an ear infection. Other than the ear she got a clean bill of health :) She's in a healthy body condition right now and her teeth are nice and clean. She was 82 lbs at her heaviest and now she's down to 69 :) she does have a chipped canine tooth but vet says she's not concerned about it since it's not causing her any discomfort or affecting her eating. Not bad for an old girl :)

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
Applied to a local pharmacy. They did have a tech position open, but I'm not sure if they have filled it or not.

Here's hoping they still have an opening maybe, just maybe, they will give me a call!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I am the happiest right now that I have ever been in my whole life.

I'm also the poorest.

Well, can't have it all, I guess. :p

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator

I'm also the poorest.
One of these things is more important than the other!
Although which one is more important changes depending on one's mood. And possibly impending bills.

SpringerLover

I'm also the poorest.

Well, can't have it all, I guess. :p
That's because we hung out last night. Right?

Right. Because when I said I'm hanging out in your apartment and you said no, you were just kidding, right?

Ahahaha.

Paparazzi gave birth to another big singleton last night! Here I thought none of my girls took, as no one has been showing and haven't been able to feel any little ones, so a nice surprise!

Oh man I love pigs! I just inherited four from my neighbors. They got a puppy so they were "too busy" for the guinea pigs. Their loss is my gain.

So now I have these guys and two rats my coworker didn't want either. Zoo status achieved.

Members online

No members online now.