Iditarod 2008 Death & Injury Statistics

SharkyX

Back of the Pack
Because this is actually fun one more

I had racing Siberians for nine years, and my dogs DID do what they were bred to do.
9 years of racing... hmm well according to your website you started in 1998... plus 9... that would be until 2007 according to that math thing you were talking about in an earlier post...
Strangely enough you kept racing long after the terrible Iditarod kennels and mushers in it for the money...

How come? I thought dog sledders who were evil people who thrived of the suffering of there dogs?

I wonder... if I started searching around on race results pages what your placings would have been and maybe if that didn't influence any of the sudden bitter towards the mushing community.

And you joined sled dog centrals forum in may of 2005... kinda odd that you'd sign up considering you don't need to do that to read posts and had already gone and seen what horrible things dog sledders do...

Some things just don't really add up.

EDIT: Oh wait no that can't be it... you and your dogs came third at this one from 2002 http://www.sleddogcentral.com/results02/lower48/midwest/princeton_mn.htm

SharkyX

Back of the Pack
- Ashley Keith, former musher and Iditarod kennel employee who now rescues and rehabilitates abused sled dogs
- Email to the Sled Dog Action Coalition, April 28, 2007
So why'd you wait until April 2007?
You worked in the Freking's kennel... which if you put the pieces together would be that horrible kennel from the midwest in 2001 and 2002... if you read your own website you ventured up to Alaska the following november if I read your "story" right.

And why'd you in January 2007 praise the Frekings and then in April 2007 torpedo Iditarod kennels...
Karen Ramstead who you said is a great woman (and I'd agree with that statement) has been running the Iditarod since 2000 in January 2007... and signed up with a site that condems what she does in April 2007.

Now I'm no great animal welfare crusader but it seems to me that if I saw dogs living in filth in 2001-2002 and then again in 2003 etc... I don't think I'd be inclined to say they've done great things and make statements about how sled dogs belong outside and never losing pups (again pretty impressive as alot of people who keep dogs inside loose pups) all the way up until January 2007... THEN decide ok something needs to be done... probably would have spoken out about it back in like say... oh I dunno... 2001-2002... SDAC has been around since something like 1999 (correct me if I'm wrong... I'm sure you'd know better) I know I've seen there site since something like 2005 anyways.

Yeah you were right when you said people don't have to dig hard to find you...

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Just for the record... what information is already PUBLIC information does NOT need to be removed from this thread. For instance, if I had a link to my website which had my last name on it, and someone posted my name here... then oh well, because *I* am the one that made that information public knowledge. Funny how things work sometimes. ;)

--

Tim, thank you for your contributions, you've made this thread an interesting read. :)

SharkyX

Back of the Pack
Just for the record... what information is already PUBLIC information does NOT need to be removed from this thread. For instance, if I had a link to my website which had my last name on it, and someone posted my name here... then oh well, because *I* am the one that made that information public knowledge. Funny how things work sometimes. ;)

--

Tim, thank you for your contributions, you've made this thread an interesting read. :)
No problem.

Yeah all the info here is public access... not hidden in any pm's or private conversations... you can find Ashley's real name on her website, linked to it from her signature and go from there to follow my trail. The SDAC is linked to from her signature also, as well as from her website (even listed as a place that refers back to her page) which you can fairly easily find her name... or just find and plunk into google.

Members online

No members online now.