Official Adoption Announcement!

I've already blurted it out in a few threads but I thought I should make an official announcement that as of April 6th we Wrigley will officially have a sister. Her name is Honey and she is a petite, 6lb, Brussels Griffon. I was browsing Dogster adoptions when I saw the post about her. She is the product of a puppy mill. They thought she had a heart condition and were about to put her to sleep. A rescue organization took her in to live out her final days until she passed or had to be PTS. She was lucky enough to meet a vet for a second opinion who realized she didn't have heart problems at all! She just had pneaumia (I can't ever spell that).

We were able to meet her this past Saturday with Wrigley and they seemed to get along just fine. We fell in love! We paid half of her adoption fee and will officially pick her up April 6th. The reason we aren't getting her now is that we are on vacation the first week of April and I wouldn't want to adopt her only to leave her at a kennel right away (Wrigley is staying with friends). She has some issues with potty training that we are going to have to work on but other than that she seems like a perfect fit for our family!

I forgot to bring my camera this weekend and then even forgot that I have a camera on my cell phone that I could have used. So here is a link to her dogster page that you can check out.

Thank you everyone for helping me with all of the questions I have been having lately about adding another dog to the family ect.

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/484164

Barb04

Super Moderator
Congrats! Honey is so cute! I'm glad that other vet came along and diagnosed her correctly.

Thanks everyone for the congrats! I am very excited about being a having a 2 dog home--now we are even--1 girl human/1 girl dog, 1 boy human/1 boy dog! LOL!

Don't worry showpug there will be lots of pics once I get here--guess you'll have to wait until the first weekend in April for those though!

Members online

No members online now.