Well slap me thrice...

Zoom

Twin 2.0
...and hand me to my mama!

I just left the dogs at the house for 3 hours while I went to do a party...way too hot to take them in the car. I kept sending them mental images of just laying down and chilling out, hoping it would work...left Virgo out of the crate and just shut my bedroom door...we're up to about 15 minutes in the crate without her fussing or trying to bust her way through but wasn't going to try a couple hours just yet. So I was prepared for at least some collateral damage when I got home. What I wasn't totally prepared for was...

NO damage. At all.

They knocked over the soft cooler that had 3 lbs of change in the top pocket and spilled a bunch of pennies. That was it. Virgo even was kind enough to leave my pocket intact when she pulled it out to get to the handful of kibble I had in there.

:yikes:

I'm not near foolish enough to think my problems are solved by any means, but it's progress!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
HORRRRRRAY and HAPPY DANCE And A HIGH FIVE FOR VIRGO!!!!! I know you gave her the praise she deserved. THis is a very important first step and i couldn't be more pleased.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I'm hoping that maybe, just maybe, I can start to leave the house for 10-15 minutes at a time on a regular basis and work up that way to a solid pattern of being good.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
THat is what i did with mary..for her it started i with just walking around the house and coming right back in. Praising her for being so good. WE eventually were able to stretch it out to okay land. I do know wht she doesn't like to be alone and do not have her in that situation anymore then is absolutely necessary. I am reallllly happy for Virgo, it is a baby step but the most important one of all and maybe she is "getting" it now that in your care she is safe. ANd you are coming back. (((HUGS))))) good for you.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
CONGRATS!!! Yay for Virgo!

Ronin doesn't like it when I leave either - he barks. UNLESS, of course, Ilsa is there to hold his paw... ;)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
After...9 months, I'd hope that's starting to sink in. :rolleyes: :D

Though I do think the move has seriously helped...I haven't ditched her after a visit here. We've taken a huge long trip and then come back home. And the last couple times I've left them, I've forgotten about food on my dresser, so she's gotten a jackpot for being left alone. :rolleyes:

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Would make sense, then. She's the most analytical Lab I've ever come across...without having met many of the non-"mock lab" type, I'm not sure if this is just what a true Lab is like or if she's closer to a mastiff in her thinking.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I don't think there is...nothing else about her says *anything* about Mastiff. Smkie says she thinks like her Labs, so I'm guessing this is just what they're supposed to be like, instead of the insanely wired, ping-pong brains I've been inundated with.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I wonder how long her previous relationships were before you..how long was she with the people that treated her so ..ohh i can't even say it. I think she sees you going the extra miles (and she knows you have a couple back ups too) and your acting like a leader that you should be. I think more good steps are coming, i think there will be a few backwards ones, i hope not, but if they are they will be brief. I think you can bring her here anytime you know it is going to storm so you can set her up for success. I think she needs a piece of Pizza for being a reallllllllllly good girl.

Members online

No members online now.