Pulling a Cesar Millan at the DOG PARK!

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
So the place I go to walk Caiza at has a dog park and over 2000 acres of wooded trails to walk. Sometimes we stop and I let Caiza play with his doggie friends and other times we walk right by. Today after I walked the trails I stopped on my way out at the park to talk to a few others I know. I noticed a guy with a red spitz type dog (on a leash) about medium size making it lay down and let other dogs come near it while it was in a submissive position. The dog was growling and snarling and lunged at a few dogs while it was being pushed back down to the ground by its owner. I kept my distance because I didn't like the vibes I was getting from the dog. It was getting agitated. Anyway, Caiza was playing with a herd of pugs when his ball that was in his mouth rolled down the hill near to where the guy and the spitz was. Sure enough when Caiza went over near him to get his ball the guy lost control and his dog snapped. Him and Caiza started fighting and what seemed like forever, in reality it lasted about 30 or 40 seconds. Once we got them to calm down the guy left in a big hurry as a few others told him not to come back here until his dog is better trained. You could tell that this man had watched a few to many episodes of the dog whisperer and thought that maybe if Cesar Millan can do it then he can to :rolleyes: All was peaceful once again at the dog park and alls everyone could talk about was how this guy thought he was trying to pull a Cesar Millan training move!

Sunnierhawk0

Feelin' Froggy? Jump!
I absolutley can not STAND the "dog whisperer" for that very reason. A friend and I were having a discussion about him this morning, and this was one example I used, your average dog owner trying out the things that he says on thier Fido, and will end up getting themselves, thier dog, or someone else hurt.

IMO the man should be jerked off the air.

shazbot

not so newby
In another dog forum that I post on people constantly give advice about how ceasar does this and how he does that, and that they try it on their dogs. They tell people to watch his show to get training ideas. I got flamed because I had said that this not a show for people to use to train their dogs and they should get the advice of a trainer instead of a tv show...People don't see all the training that gets cut out of the show to get the dogs to react to ceasar.

oriondw

user not active
Just out of curiousity i watched a bunch of his videos, makes me almost sick at how he does things.

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
This is EXACTLY what the dog looked like. So I was right about it being a spitz and I have heard they can be tough to train. It was such a beautiful dog but nasty at the same time ;)

tempura tantrum

Shiba Inu Slave
This is EXACTLY what the dog looked like. So I was right about it being a spitz and I have heard they can be tough to train. It was such a beautiful dog but nasty at the same time
Oooh a Finnish Spitz! They're a pretty rare breed. People always ask me if my Shibas are Finnish Spitz, and I always wonder how they can get it mixed up when they actually KNOW that Finnies even exist.

At any rate...what a bizarre story. Really, that show should NOT be on the air. Glad Caiza's okay!

ACooper

I absolutley can not STAND the "dog whisperer" for that very reason. A friend and I were having a discussion about him this morning, and this was one example I used, your average dog owner trying out the things that he says on thier Fido, and will end up getting themselves, thier dog, or someone else hurt.

IMO the man should be jerked off the air.
That's my take on the thing as well. Someone is absolutely going to get hurt trying to do at home what he does, (hence what happened at the park) but then he is covered by the "disclaimer" at the beginning of the show :)

Kayla

That's my take on the thing as well. Someone is absolutely going to get hurt trying to do at home what he does, (hence what happened at the park) but then he is covered by the "disclaimer" at the beginning of the show :)
Hahah yes the disclaimer will read : WARNING, I am completely ignorant to any real methods of training but use my charimsa and referalls by big celbs to get me and my show on air, thus if you choose to try any or all of the techniques used on this show thier is a high probability of creating an unstable and neurotic dog, as well as being bit.

On a serious note I'm glad that you and your dog are ok:).

Kayla

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
Thanks guys for the caring and concern of Caiza :) I've socialized him to the fullest and though I'm not a HUGE fan of dog parks when their are only 12 or so dogs then I will let him hang out for a few. I go to this place a few times a week because of the wooded trails but the huge 5 acre open field at the beginning of the park is what attracts dog owners from all over local citys and towns. It can be a great place but on this day I left with nothing more than a heart attack :( ! If you had only seen this owner and what he was doing and I picked up on it right away but bit my tounge and didn't say anything. I have never seen the nasty side of my boy but he was sticking up for himself and I can't blame him for that. Luckily they were just about the same size but I was worried about Caiza hurting his dog not his hurting mine :( Caiza is a powerhouse and has always been a lover not a fighter but this dog definately brought out the worst in him for those few seconds. It was more just growling and snapping than it was actual biting. I hope I never see this man again up their because I will give him a piece of my mind next time. I'll start by telling him that a dog like his does not belong in an area where others dogs are loose and playing (hence a dog park). And for him to take off as quick as he did like a bat out of he!! he knew he was WRONG!

Members online

No members online now.