Caiza got THROWN today..............

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
Okay, maybe I am exadurating a bit...But the place I walk and posted pics of in the past is "dog heaven" on the weekends and especially today where it was gorgeous out. I have been going to this place for a year and a half and never had any problems but today things changed :rolleyes: This place has a massive open field about the size of an acre (guesstimate) when you first walk into the wooded trails which attracts many dog owners and is considered a dog park. After a two hour hike and swim we ventured back to the car keeping our distance from all the dog action. On the way out Caiza leashed of course a few dogs ran over to say "hi" and Caiza's tail was going a mile a minute and started playing. Okay, that's fine, until an intact male German short haired pointer came over and ruined the moment. He jumped on Caiza's back trying to hump him and Caiza gave him a warning growl. Then he did it again, Caiza growled, and the GSP seemed to give up. Then isn't the 3rd time always a charm this GSP was relentless and finally the fight happened and I dropped Caiza's leash at that point :rolleyes: The GSP's owner came charging over and dive bombed slide tackleing at Caiza and practically threw him off of his dog. I was in such shock I didn't know how to react :yikes: Eventually I snapped out of it and yelled at the guy for throwing and pushing my dog. I asked him if he was STUPID? I also told him that you never break up a dog fight that way and that he could of gotten hurt. He apologized for reacting the way he did and said he just wanted to save his dog :rolleyes: Moron!

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Um, why did you drop the leash? Why didn't you call Caiza out? Why let it escalate to a "fight"?

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
Um, why did you drop the leash? Why didn't you call Caiza out? Why let it escalate to a "fight"?
It all happened so quick that I wasn't thinking about my reactions! Caiza is not one to be dog aggressive and I wasn't about to get in between two fighting dogs with others loose around me so that is why I dropped it. Caiza was also the only dog on leash as it is a big off leash area that I was walking off to the side of.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Ahh.

I know that things can escalate quite quickly, but being sharp on one's toes can save a visit to the doggie ER..... so, your reactions, could very well stop a fight from occurring. ;)

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
Totally understood BP ;) I called Caiza off but then the GSP's owner slide tackled them instead of calling his dog off :rolleyes: It was just so crazy that I went into shock mode and froze up :( I definately have to do something about that next time if ever one. It just all happened so quick and was over in seconds....

RD

Are you dead yet?
If I saw an offlead dog beating up on mine, I'd kick and shove and throw too. Not the smartest way to break up a fight but in the heat of the moment, owners are going to be concerned about their dogs. I wouldn't blame the guy for that, honestly.

Though granted, if I see a dog snarling and snapping at my dog, I remove my dog from the situation so it doesn't have to escalate to that point. (Duh? Did he think it was acceptable behavior? Or was he not even watching his dog?)

Sorry that happened, but I'm glad everyone is okay!

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
LOL!!! C'mon now, two wrongs don't make a right LOL!
The heck they don't! You don't touch my dog in an aggressive manner! Especially when he was protecting himself.

You gotta admit, at one point or another you were angry enough that you could have tackled him and then some. :p ;)

showpug

I have a history of diving into dog fights to break them up so I shouldn't talk, but I am very happy Caiza is ok!

I''m with RD on this one, I do whatever it takes to get another dog off mine, but I''m also with Red ACD in that when things start getting heated I at least slack (not drop because that could result in a run-away) the leash so as not to inhibit the dog from protecting himself or being able to dodge an attack.

I dont think the guy mean to hurt Caiza at all, I just think he wanted to stop any chances of his dog getting hurt...Glad everyone was ok!

Ugh, this is why I don't frequent doggy areas anymore. I can't stand the oblivious idiots.

One time at the dog park there was over zealous boxer that was jumping on me, or should I say jumping UP me. Trying to climb me like a freakin' ladder! The owner was WATCHING this happen! I told her NO in a stern voice, she stopped, it started again, said NO, then just pushed her on the ground and held her there. The owner finally got the point ... I would not put up with BS from oblivious idiots.

There are also loose dogs in my neighborhood. I was walking my dog when this hairy dog runs up to me and my dog in an aggressive manner and starts barking and getting waaaaaay too close for comfort. I screamed "GET!" to no avail, then finally started kicking the dog away from me. At this point the OWNER says "FIDO COME HERE!"... THE OWNER WAS WATCHING THIS HAPPEN FROM HIS PORCH AND DID NOTHING! This man has a fenced yard yet the dog is roaming! I recently noticed that the hairy mix is gone... only to be replaced with a lab pup. A lab pup running in the street.

Members online

No members online now.