a new nutro food! grain free

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
i was just at the farm store and saw that nutro had a new food. its called taste of the wild, and its grain free. I cant find the ingrediants online. but i read the bag. of course i do not remember what was in them. i remembe thinking "whoa, this seems like a great food"

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
hmmmm, why grain free? dont dogs need grains? I have always heard that they were omnivores. and grains help with proper brain function.

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
also, thats a hefty price tag comapred to what i have been feeding. i know that on a higher quility food that dogs should eat less.
how much does it say to feed a 30-40lb dog? I have been wanting to get him off of diamond naturals.

Chiluver

It's been out for a few months here. it is made by Diamond. It is actually a pretty good food! The 5 pound bag here costs about $10.95

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I feed TOTW to Ilsa right now - she seems to like it very well! Ronin would still be eating it if he hadn't decided that Innova is the shizzit.

B

Backward_Cinderella

TOTW is a Diamond product, not Nutro... as far as I know :p
Is it? I have no idea, it said Nutro in the title, and I freaked out. My cousin was feeding a nutro product to her dogs and had a problem with it. :(
I feed Canidae, though, never have fed any Nutro products.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Yes, TOTW is NOT a Nutro product. It's as safe as any other commercially produced dog food these days.

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
hmmm, i though the bag i looked at said nutro ultra taste of the wild.

anyway! maybe i will stitch now that there is a better food

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Rabbit, dogs are opportunistic carnivores... meaning they are carnivores who WILL consume plant matter and carrion, but not if meat is available. It's a last resort, and therefore, grains should not be a "staple" in any dog's diet.

TOTW is actually really inexpensive, for the quality! I've tried a couple bags, and both of my boys loved it, even Mr. Pickypants Gonzo. ; ) You are going to be feeding WAY less of it than Nutro. Probably half as much, so the price should balance out.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
My dogs rotate between TOTW and EVO. I'm thinking about switching them just to EVO, since their coats are nicer than when they're on TOTW.
It's a really good food, though.

Dekka

Just try me..
My dogs do sooo much better with out grains. Never tried TOTW. My guys have been on Evo and orijen or raw.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
My dogs do much better with grain-free foods, too. They did well on Canidae, but look even better now.

Members online

No members online now.