The Venting Thread

Xandra

Haha, yep! We'll be halfway towards outnumbering the dogs this summer. I'm a little over 13 weeks along and due on July 5th.

We're having a gender scan on January 11th and then we'll get serious about the nursery. I want to do a forest animal theme either way, but I'd like to make it primarily pink or purple if it's a girl! I can't wait to start putting it together.
OMG congrats!! That's super exciting!!

MicksMom

...If anything, you could do a tighter woven carpet, like berber...
I wouldn't do berber- it snags real easy.

...We're putting that in our nursery in the next couple of months because although I hate carpet, I want to have a soft place for our little one to crawl around...
:banana:CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
We have linoleum in the ranch house and although I don't really like that either ... I prefer it much better then the carpet we have in the living room and the master bed room and bathroom (yes you heard right ... I said carpet IN THE BATHROOM ... Wtf???) plus it's this ugly beige color that gets stained vey easily :/.

We hope to replace I with cork soon

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
*sigh*

Michael is leaving Thursday. :( Wouldn't bother me so much, but I don't know when I'll see him again. And that is really bothering me. Hopefully early March...but if the world conspires against us, it could be as long as next November. And that sucks. Majorly.

*sigh*

Saeleofu

We have linoleum in the ranch house and although I don't really like that either ... I prefer it much better then the carpet we have in the living room and the master bed room and bathroom (yes you heard right ... I said carpet IN THE BATHROOM ... Wtf???) plus it's this ugly beige color that gets stained vey easily :/.

We hope to replace I with cork soon
The first house my parents lived in in Kansas had carpet in the bathroom AND in the KITCHEN. Seriously, who ever thought that was a good idea? My half-bath has carpet right now. Bright red, disgusting carpet.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
The first house my parents lived in in Kansas had carpet in the bathroom AND in the KITCHEN. Seriously, who ever thought that was a good idea? My half-bath has carpet right now. Bright red, disgusting carpet.
Apparently it used to be a thing. My grandma's house (grandpa built it back in the 50's) has carpet in the bathroom. I think my dad told me when we moved into this house (was being built when my grandpa was building their house) there was originally carpet in the bathroom here too. Ugh.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
The kitchen? Now that is weird I have never heard that. I know some people put it in bath's to eliminate "cold feet syndrome" when exiting the shower but it's nothing a good bath mat (we actually have a wool saddle blanket in our bathroom ) and a pair of slippers outside the door for when you walk out can't fix.

I just think that it's gross ESP in the bathroom because of the amount of moisture content and the risk of mold

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I feel like I'm just too old to date somebody who lives three hours away. I own a house. I'm busy. I don't want to spend six hours every weekends on the road, or ask somebody else to do that, or build a relationship off just seeing each other on Skype and just the weekends. At some point one of us will have to move, and what if it doesn't work out? Disaster. No. I just don't want to do it.
The problem is it feels like there would be date-worthy guys in these places. Densely populated locations like Chicago or St. Louis or Indianapolis, go figure, offer more guys who seem like they could actually be winners. Sucks.

Also I'm DEFINITELY too old to date the guy who rests his sunglasses on the back of his neck. Who does that?? Ew.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I feel like I'm just too old to date somebody who lives three hours away. I own a house. I'm busy. I don't want to spend six hours every weekends on the road, or ask somebody else to do that, or build a relationship off just seeing each other on Skype and just the weekends. At some point one of us will have to move, and what if it doesn't work out? Disaster. No. I just don't want to do it.
The problem is it feels like there would be date-worthy guys in these places. Densely populated locations like Chicago or St. Louis or Indianapolis, go figure, offer more guys who seem like they could actually be winners. Sucks.

Also I'm DEFINITELY too old to date the guy who rests his sunglasses on the back of his neck. Who does that?? Ew.
I bolded that because I have seen a lot of that down here and I HATE it! Almost as much as guys who say their pants ... ESP the jeggings ... Who the **** gets a pair of pants that are supposed to be tight and sag them! Wtf???

The high tomorrow is supposed to be -1F. I don't mind sitting around the house communing with Netflix, except that these dogs are going to kill me with their cabin fever soon. I might take The Boy out for a short run regardless of the weather.

Lyzelle

My mom's second husband did that, and he was well into his late 40's when he died. It's more common the more south you go, I find.

My vent is that it's just being generally wet and nasty, like most Mississippi winters. I miss Northern winters. Crisp, cold, clean. Not soppy, wet, overcast, gross, everything icing because of the humidity type of crap. I can't even take Zane walking in this sort of weather, because it kills my lungs and I'll be coughing for days.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
So a week from now? Huck is in standing estrus, or at least the beginnings of it. From what I've been reading and other people have commented on my FB post, it can be nearly impossible to catch them out of heat?

Saeleofu

So a week from now? Huck is in standing estrus, or at least the beginnings of it. From what I've been reading and other people have commented on my FB post, it can be nearly impossible to catch them out of heat?
Well, I suppose you could breed her, and then spay-abort :p She won't be in heat? ;)

noludoru

Bored Now.
A spay's more dangerous and expensive during heat. If you can live with it for two weeks you're good.

DJEtzel

A spay's more dangerous and expensive during heat. If you can live with it for two weeks you're good.
While there are higher risks when an animal is in heat, I work a spay/neuter clinic and we do it frequently and have never had an issue, yet. We spay/neuter about 160 cats/week and 50 dogs.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
That's what I thought to? That "queens" (The term I believe for unspayed female cats) pretty much stayed in heat until they were bred.

@Sael that's actually what happened to one of our barn cats, we took her to the vet when we thought she was out of heat and it turned out that she was pregnant :p so we spay aborted.

Once they go into heat, most female cats will go in and out of heat more or less continuously until they are bred because they are induced ovulators rather than having a defined cycle. It will usually stop eventually for a "season" (usually winter up here) but it will come and go until then, sometimes predictably and sometimes not.

For cats, it is much much safer to spay during heat than for dogs. The tissues aren't as delicate, they don't carry as much fat around the vessels so everything is much easier to see and handle, and even the increased blood supply isn't proportionally as huge as for a dog. Bottom line - I would just spay her, personally.

Members online

No members online now.