Did your dog mind the firecrackers?

Sher

Designed for Love
They started around here about 9pm :mad: ! and Lily started to pant real hard and became an instant velcro dog. What do any of you do when your dog is afraid of something like firecrackers that keep happening hour after hour? The worst part was I had to take her outside to pee (on a leash, we don't have a fenced in yard).... well, she decided, no thank you! I can hold it and pulled me like a little clydsdale right back to the door. Finally, later she managed to put her big girl panties on and take a quick one in the near corner of the yard.

I really feel for her and all of the dogs that are skittish with loud noises like firecrackers and thunderstorms. Anyway, did any of you have problems with new year's eve and your dogs?

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Our dogs were mad as all get out. Bella wanted out badly to be able to inspect things, but we wouldn't let her until they stopped. They barked, they whined, they glared at us for not letting them out. It's pretty annoying.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
my nieghbor once again shot of m80s and it is a good thing i was not home. Unfortunatly it did scare a little shitzu mix three doors down so bad she was missing (now found) and hopefully returned. A friend was at my home that night and said he heard a small dog crying but coudn't find it, must of been her.

noludoru

Bored Now.
I don't think so. We were both pooped from our playdate and slept soundly. If he was bothered by them, he didn't wake me up.

iluvdogs

Trixie HATES ANY loud noise, if you pop a bag, or clap your hands..she will run to her room scared. I found her on the hwy when she was a pup, so maybe that has something to do with why she don't like loud sounds. If it keeps up, she will also shake.

The other dogs, and my new puppy on the other hand..Dont even notice anything..they just keep playing/sleeping.

elegy

overdogged
harv had half a xanax before the fireworks really got started, so he was just a little anxious. he was up and pacing a bit, but not so stressed that he couldn't pee or wouldn't take cookies. without his drugs he's a total disaster during thunderstorm season and on firecracker holidays.

edited to add: the other two dogs really couldn't care less.

mnwscar

Jena didn't mind them at all except that she had a little trouble taking a nap. She eventually did fall asleep though. :)

Toller_08

Morgan was completely terrified of them, but Winston and Dance were fine. In fact, they didn't even seem to notice anything was going on.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Dakota barked all night. Eve doesn't like loud, sudden noises and she spent the night glued to my side or in my lap, burying her face between my legs or in the crook of my arm. Little wimp.

Dash didn't notice.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Lizzie didn't notice till midnight when I let them out before I went to bed. Then she became instantly attached to my side and curled up in bed next to me.

BostonBanker

Meg, watching the 4th of July fireworks from our boat.

As you can see, fireworks don't bother her a bit! She is fascinated when she can see them, and doesn't stir if she can hear them.

A bunch of idiots on the overhead sidewalks downtown thought it would be funny to set off some really loud ones when I was walking with Kharma.

They were evidently expecting her to be frightened.

Sillies.

They got a shock - even though they were a good 25-30 feet above us they were pretty freaked when she jumped up on her hind legs snarling, trying to get at them. She really, really, REALLY has an antipathy to anything that sounds like gunshots and is intent on disarming whoever is shooting.

naturesgift

Mo Wildlife Rehabber
My Love is terrified of fireworks! When we used to live in the city she woud run around trying to shove her body in any nook or cranny. Where we lived our neighbors would send them off in the street. We ofte n had to chase down dogs that were running loose in the streets b/c they had snapped there chains in the frenzy.

Where we live now I am so thankful we dont hear or see anything. its peacefull and good for my Lovie.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
There were only a few. Millie stayed by my side even more than usual but seemed content once next to me. Lucy looked alert for a minute but got over it pretty quickly.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
We only had a few... Belle lifted her head for only a moment and Beezer barked out the window until he realized it was nothing he needed to protect the house from lol

Ilyena

Dante slept right through it, except for the early fireworks that happened just when I was taking him out for his last walk. I think he's too curious for his own good, he just wanted closer and closer to investigate what the funny sounds were.

chanda

thankfully my dog was a bit quiet this new year... but the other one was really scared and dont want to come out ... baluga was hiding under the sofa... while miki was playing with us outside the house.

Members online

No members online now.