The dog musing/vent thread

Picklepaige

I found a lady here who gives agility lessons! I didn't think there was anyone in my whole STATE who did agility, haha. So excited, I'm thinking about signing Finn up for either her fall classes, or next spring :D

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Milo is here! I didn't sleep well last night and he and Riff are like a perpetual motion machine together... it's madness! He's a good boy though and I'm glad to have him here again :) He's staying till Monday night.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Only clean t-shirt I can find for agility is my old sheltie t-shirt. :/

I feel like a dog nerd first of all and second I feel confused...

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
He'd probably be one of those chainsaw dogs that takes a muzzle and 4 people to hold down.
That is EXACTLY what Cajun needs lol. Me and my dad were both sitting on top of her and she was still crocodile death rolling all over the place. :rofl1: I was sore and sweaty at the end of it, but her nails look and sound better!

I know the dogs had a good day when baths are a necessity at the end of it. They smelled like swamp creatures.

FG167

There is a field golden and a showline golden in Limit's agility class. The showline reminded me why I don't do showlines (except Cardis because Eden's the best). BUT, the fieldline golden = LOVE LOVE LOVE. I love that dog. He's super cool. He's gorgeous, his coat is lovely, his temperament is lovely, he's athletic, agile, and a perfect size. I want to steal him!

Sekah

The Monster.
There is a field golden and a showline golden in Limit's agility class. The showline reminded me why I don't do showlines (except Cardis because Eden's the best). BUT, the fieldline golden = LOVE LOVE LOVE. I love that dog. He's super cool. He's gorgeous, his coat is lovely, his temperament is lovely, he's athletic, agile, and a perfect size. I want to steal him!
A friend of mine got a field golden a few years ago and unfortunately she's not been able to do anything with him yet. I think he's coming up 4 years old soon and she's just now getting him to a point where he can focus with another dog in the room. She hopes to one day get him running agility. He's really reactive, both his mind and his body are SO FAST that he's very difficult to control. Speaking to her now, she says he's taught her humility since she thought she was a hot shot dog trainer going in and she ended up with a dog that is too much for her.

He's starting to come into his own and will be a lovely dog once she can harness his energy a bit better, but holy crap, field goldens are serious business.

That's my field golden story. :)

FG167

A friend of mine got a field golden a few years ago and unfortunately she's not been able to do anything with him yet. I think he's coming up 4 years old soon and she's just now getting him to a point where he can focus with another dog in the room. She hopes to one day get him running agility. He's really reactive, both his mind and his body are SO FAST that he's very difficult to control. Speaking to her now, she says he's taught her humility since she thought she was a hot shot dog trainer going in and she ended up with a dog that is too much for her.

He's starting to come into his own and will be a lovely dog once she can harness his energy a bit better, but holy crap, field goldens are serious business.

That's my field golden story. :)
That's my idea of a "well" bred field lab. Go go go go go go But this Golden boy was much more moderate. Great drive, but good focus. Not yet 1 year old. I really liked him a lot. I suppose you have to be SUPER honest about what you want and careful where you go. This dog came from nearish by so she got to drive to see him. And he was the last one left for 4-5 weeks. He's just lovely.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I want another dog! Not really...I'm way too busy, and have some issues that I need to work with my current guys on. And really I probably don't ever want 3 dogs. But I want another disc dog! Disc is so much fun, but I can't just take Siri out and play whenever I want and for extended periods. She needs short short sessions (we usually do about 3-5 minutes) and maybe 2-3 sessions in an outing because I am working really hard to keep it fun and engaging. I want a disc crazy dog!

Muttkip

LABRADERP!
That's my idea of a "well" bred field lab. Go go go go go go But this Golden boy was much more moderate. Great drive, but good focus. Not yet 1 year old. I really liked him a lot. I suppose you have to be SUPER honest about what you want and careful where you go. This dog came from nearish by so she got to drive to see him. And he was the last one left for 4-5 weeks. He's just lovely.
Come play with Outlaw and he'll fulfill all your Retriever needs :D

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Georgie said she wants a baby brother... NO to a baby sister.

Good.
Good.

I told my mom she should name it Truck. Then she can tell my dad "I bought you a new Truck!"
Also if I swear on the agility course I can claim I was just saying his name. I JUST SAID OH TRUCK... IT'S HIS NAME...

(His name is actually supposed to be Ditka though.)

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
While watching...um...Border Security (shhh)... the channel spontaneously changed to "Dogs with Jobs"
Confused I look for the remote, only to find Rigby with her paw on top of it, looking innocent.

:confused: Does anyone want to hire Rigby? She's sort of okay, she's good at cleaning kinda?

Picklepaige

I took Finn on his first off leash walk today :D

I figured this would be the perfect time to do it, since my apartment is dead on the weekends. He did soooo well. We walked for about two hours, one hour on leash and getting it in his head that sticking close to me and coming when I call his name = lots of treats, and then an hour off leash, playing fetch and working on tricks (I wanted to keep him engaged and doing something so he focused on me, I didn’t want his first time off leash to be him running around doing whatever he wants while I chase after him.)

I am sooo proud, he has had major focus issues since day one, and he has come such a long way in such a short period of time. He’s still not perfect and I don’t trust him off leash in most situations, but he did so well today. There was one time when he started to go say hi to someone walking by, but he came back to me when I called him :D

Sparrow

The BC I have a major dog crush on from watching her in agility passed her ORT, so is now in my nose work class! I love this little girl so much it's ridiculous.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Took the dogs to the lake. They both did so good! ^_^

We go early so there aren't many people, but today there was a ton. The parking lot isn't open for the season so we park above it in the parking lot for the trail and walk down. On the walk down we see a group of people walking up from the lake with a dog off leash, so we pulled off the side of the path into the grass and put both dogs in a sit stay. Talon didn't make a peep! Art did really good too :D

We then got to the narrow part of the path that has bushes on either side and see a choc. lab with a lady coming towards use. We found a little area right off the path and again put the dogs in a sit stay and again they both did great, the lady complimented us on how well behaved the dogs were as she passed. ^_^

Than at the lake there were two other dogs there and a bunch of little kids and people. I kept Art back for a while rewarding calm behavior while he watched the people and kids running around yelling. He did great, and eventually I went to the lake were Talon was swimming. Art actually tried to DIVE IN to the water! He usually just gets his feet wet and stays on shore, but he actually swam today and was super happy about it! I think he was jealous Talon was off leash and playing lol

Talon also got to meet a little mini aussie that was off leash, but when Talon went to sniff it's butt the dog screamed and ran. I'm so proud of Talon, because he just stood there and didn't try to chase it when it ran. The rest of the time the mini aussie was still at the lake and Talon just ignored it completely. ^_^ He also ignored all the kids running around screaming. One little girl was curious about Talon's water retrieving and she even threw the toy for him. Talon brought it back, put it in her hand, and went to retrieve again. So that was also really good Talon must of been feeling really good because he didn't show any of the problems that have me concerned.

It was a good day :) Tomorrow is his Class, it's going to be hectic. He is always soo annoyingly over-tired the day after we do anything.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
The unit next to us has been empty for the 3 years we've been here. People just moved in... okay. But now they're having a party and there are a TON of people hanging out outside of my window being loud and obnoxious and my dogs are going nuts. Ughhh :(

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Summer has figured out how to jump on the bed via the chair. :hail::hail::hail:

Mia figured this out ages ago and despite Summer watching Mia do it, Summer insisted on jumping up repeatedly till she could run up the side of the bed. I kept showing her all week (cause that's a big jump for a little old dog!) until she FINALLY did it on her own today!

Summer is not a problem solver.

Members online