Need Help dog is so sad refuses to eat

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
The docu was on one of the learning channels, but it was like two years ago and they gave fair warning first. I just never forgot the images. I only made it thru the first 20 minutes or so and simply couldn't watch anymore.

It took me years to eat pork again after I had the misfortune of watching pigs get slaughtered. They knew it was coming. They were so afraid. It was horrible. I'm one of those vegetarian wannabees. I tried it several times, but I just end up not feeling well when I do it. I just conclude that Man is meant to be omnivorous and has to have meat. I bet I start a whole argument with this, but the truth is vegetarianism simply makes me sick.

Oh, I so totally agree with that. I LOVE to eat meat and it's byproducts but hate to really think too hard about how it got to my plate!!
That sounds really horrible of me. I really do have a social conscience and all just not when it comes to my stomach.

My children watch those channels all of the time. I also have one (my 9 year old) who loves the history and military channels (I worry about him). He wants to go into the Air Force and fly jets when he grows up. The boys also love that show about disgusting jobs, I forget the name. I can't watch it. Dirty Jobs or something like that.

Yep - FOOD, KIDS, AND DOGS - my favorite things to talk about. Every conversation leads back to them.......

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Yeh they ARE three good topics! By the way, Colt is soooo cute! I bet you are Collie hooked, hey? They getcha!

Thank you - but now Tosca is BEAUUUUUTIFULLLLL!! I would get another one in a heartbeat. He is so very dear to me, however, my husband was a tough sell on the dog thing the first time around. He has attachment issues. I snookered him into it with Colt because it was my birthday and I actually took the kids to see the puppies while he was at work. Of course, we all fell in love and he didn't stand a chance.....
Well, now that I have hijacked this very nice persons thread I should go do penance......

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Nah, Molosser and I already hijacked it. Your pennance is.........another dog! If the husband gives you a hard time, ditch him and keep the dog, that's what I always say.:lol-sign:

AHH - if he saw this he would think it was a conspiracy.

He already says I love the dog more than him. He hates when I kiss Colt goodnight but not him.

The thing is - dogs can't talk. You think you know what they are thinking, but bascially, you are just putting thoughts in their head that you want to be true - like unconditional love and devotion - happy thoughts!!

People, and husbands, TALK. Nothing left to the imagination there. If they disagree with you, they let you know it. It's hard to like people ALL of the time. But dogs, who can resist with all of those good thoughts about you planted in their little heads.

Do I sound like I'm ranting? Does this make sense? Who wouldn't want lots of pets that love us to pieces. Loving pet vs. critical human - it's a no brainer to me!!

No problem guy a great hijack is better than a bad one
this is a great one when i here back about the dog will post
Got to get sleep pups coming this week and then NO sleep for a week.
I may post the webcam here...NITE !

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh, I can't wait to see the new pups when they arrive.

Regarding the original posting, my Max was getting very depressed when CJ passed away. I brought home a new rescue puppy a week later and slowly Max came around. Max is so happy to have a new friend that has some of the same characteristics CJ had.

Thanks Barb since we are never short of rescue and he was one we are trying to get him something.
But networking rescues in this weather is impossible.

Tosca I am working on configuring the web cam will be on Yahoo.

But we had a new baby lamb born today and EWE finally.
Her name is FoxFires ICE ICE Baby since she was born in the ice storm.

Talking to billie on yahoo now he is feeling a bit better she tricked him today and hand fed him his dinner from a HUMAN dinner plate.
It worked I am hoping for the best.

I only got one ewe so I hope she dont mind a ram.
Getting livestock over the border is really hard.
IF he can hold off to spring she will have a new goat for him.

Oh, that's good news. Hey, what a coincidence considering the thread today about dogs eating off of plates!! Well, there you go, sometimes, it's gotta be done...

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Funny, people cross the borders illegally by the thousands daily but you have trouble getting a lamb across. lol.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm so happy to hear he's eating, no matter what it takes. The little extra love of eating on an actual dinner plate must have sparked something. I truly hope he continues to improve.

Members online