OMG Science Diet!

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Do you know that I had to WEAN my cats off of that stuff? I don't mean I switched foods slowly, I mean WEAN. I swear to you, they were addicted to that crap.

Advanced Protection. Age 7+ It does have some meat, but no protein really, 16%. Adult is a bit better, adding in soy protein.

Ground Whole Grain Corn, Chicken By-Product Meal, Animal Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Brewers Rice, Soybean Mill Run, Flaxseed, Soybean Meal, Chicken Liver Flavor, Soybean Oil, Dried Egg Product, Dried Carrots, Dried Spinach, Dried Grape Pomace, Dried Tomato Pomace, Dried Citrus Pulp, Potassium Chloride, DL-Methionine, Oat Fiber, L-Lysine, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, vitamins (L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Iodized Salt, Calcium Carbonate, L-Tryptophan, Taurine, L-Arginine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
According to Natura:
Soybean Mill Run
Soybean mill run is composed of soybean hulls and such bean meats that adhere to the hulls which results from normal milling operations in the production of dehulled soybean meal.

Commonly referred to as 'floor sweepings,' this ingredient is nothing more than an inexpensive filler with little or no nutritional value. Natura uses only whole ingredients for the benefit of your pet, with no by-products, filler ingredients or pre-processed ingredients.

That's sounds so delicious, that's what I want to go out and buy for my dog to eat. :rolleyes:

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I think it's Sensitive Skin... the one I posted... here it is again:

Brewers Rice, Ground Whole Grain Corn, Corn Gluten Meal, Pork Meal, Dried Egg Product, Soybean Oil, Flaxseed, Animal Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Chicken Liver Flavor, Potassium Chloride, L-Lysine, Iodized Salt, DL-Methionine, vitamins (L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, L-Tryptophan, preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Taurine, Beta-carotene, Rosemary Extract.

It appears to have the least amount of meat in it.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Thank you Mom. I think.:yikes: I thought Hills was more into peanut shells, I didn't realize they diversified....

Jessie, I'm game. I kind of thought Advanced Unprotection was it till I saw Sensitive Skin...

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Actually, I think we have a winner... It's a cat food called "Sensitive Stomach Adult"

Brewers Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Animal Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Pork Meal, Dried Egg Product, Ground Whole Grain Corn, Chicken Liver Flavor, Oat Fiber, Potassium Chloride, L-Lysine, Choline Chloride, vitamins (L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), DL-Methionine, Vitamin E Supplement, Calcium Carbonate, Taurine, Iodized Salt, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Tryptophan, preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid, Beta Carotene, Rosemary Extract.

Doberluv

Not only the dog food doesn't have much, if any meat, but look at the cat food. The closest thing to meat is chicken liver flavor. How can this be legal to sell? I thought food was "regulated" by the governement, that it had to be nutritionally complete. (although it doesn't suprise me) Somebody ought to do something. Maybe we should start a campaign and stir things up...educate people, put flyers up all over the place. List ingredients that dogs and cats need and what to watch out for. Whadya say? How do we start?

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Dober you make an interesting point, considering cats are obligate carnivores and really don't require anything but meat. Very odd indeed, since I am sure all vets know this--and I am sure Hills does too. I remember a vet telling me that corn in SD is "easier protein". Um, all righty then.

Members online