Mu's Trick Thread

Hah! I just came back to post this and now I can post it as proof. LOL.

Lookit what she figured out! I didn't teach anything as stationary, she just started doing this while I was distracted and playing with my treat bag.

MuLegWeaves
She is just AWESOME, I love dogs that just.... keep trying! I can haz? lol

That was AWESOME!!! She did so amazing (and you did training her)! I love how extended it was, it wasn't just one time, she kept doing it.

So great!

Taqroy

That was AWESOME!!! She did so amazing (and you did training her)! I love how extended it was, it wasn't just one time, she kept doing it.

So great!
Thanks!! She picked it up SUPER quick. I am so glad I put her in this class - sometimes I forget how much fun she is to work with.

Love the leg weaves!! Zuma is smart like that, I swear she reads my mind. Dang brilliant herding dogs.
Thanks! The brainpower of these dogs is a little scary sometimes. :p

She has now decided that when I'm standing around the house she should go back and forth in between my legs. Like front to back, back to front and then she sits in front of me and waits for a treat. If I don't give her one she gets annoyed and does it faster. LOL.

Doberluv

Mu is looking so connected to you...so cute. She just looks like she can hardly wait for more directions from you. What great work and lots of fun. I loved seeing all the videos. You guys make a terrific team!:hail:

Taqroy

Mu is looking so connected to you...so cute. She just looks like she can hardly wait for more directions from you. What great work and lots of fun. I loved seeing all the videos. You guys make a terrific team!:hail:
Thank you Dober!! The vet was commenting on how attached we are last time we went in. I guess it's more obvious than I thought. :p

Doberluv

A lot of dogs have a look of disconnect with their owners...usually those that are in a constant state of confusion from the mixed signals and poor training they receive. It makes me happy when I see dogs that are truly moving in sync with their owners and their owners understanding their dogs. And I see that in Mu and you. Your vet must have too.

Taqroy

MORE VIDEOS. Yay. I was going to be all fancy schmancy and edit these like the last ones but apparently Windows Movie Maker strongly disapproves of whatever format my phone shoots in. So I fought with google for 10 minutes, got mad and uploaded them unedited. As a result you get an excellent view of my butt in the first one. :p Sorry about the music - Pandora hates me for some reason and my phone only picked up weird parts of the songs that were playing.

We took a break from alley-oop because Mu was really not into it. I'm glad we did because she's really happy to do it now - we still look super awkward but we're almost there. I'm really pleased that she's starting to use my leg as a halfway point.

MuJumpIntoArmsTakeTwo

I managed to fade my body language out on our weaves. I adore how excited she gets to do these. It's cute.

MuLegWeavesTakeTwo

And here's the start of our next trick - hold and carry leash. It's currently in the "put it in my mouth and fling it" stage.

MuShapingLeashHoldTakeOne

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
Seriously love her jumping into arms trick! Is it crazy that I want to teach my 65 pounder that? :p I think it would be so much fun... I just don't know if that'll work out, LOL.

Harleigh loves leg weaves - they are a favorite of hers! :D

Loved watching the videos... Mu is so cute <3

Taqroy

Seriously love her jumping into arms trick! Is it crazy that I want to teach my 65 pounder that? :p I think it would be so much fun... I just don't know if that'll work out, LOL.

Harleigh loves leg weaves - they are a favorite of hers! :D

Loved watching the videos... Mu is so cute <3
I think it would depend on how Harleigh lands - Mu tends to crash into me but if you watch Linds' videos Trav lands super light. And y'know, on your upper body strength. Mu is only 24 pounds LOL.

Thanks!! She is pretty darn cute when she wants to be. :p

milos_mommy

I taught my 55 lb foster pit to jump into my arms...but I taught her to do it jumping off the bed or couch, plus I was pretty used to lifting/carrying heavy things from my job at that point...

I love the last video, she backs up, goes forward, repeat x100 lol! She moves fast like Lacey, for a second I thought you sped it up.

Taqroy

I love the last video, she backs up, goes forward, repeat x100 lol! She moves fast like Lacey, for a second I thought you sped it up.
Haha nope no speeding up! She's entirely too quick for me. It's why we have a fling and not a hold, cause by the time the click is complete she's already flinging whatever is in her mouth. I'm trying to figure out how to extend her hold time so if anyone has any ideas I'd welcome them!!

Members online