Help

I have a puppy....7 months old....His name is max...part rottie, Sheppard and lab HE is a cute dog....my problem is It doesn't seem like hes being trained....Ill take him out for an hour every half our hell do his business then ill bring him up stairs and not even too minutes later while I"m out with the other dog Max will crap on the floor and eat it Hes been doing this for about 4 months now we thought it was because he had worms but he doesn't there gone now....why is he still doing this..I'm at a loss and don't know what to do...I also have too other dog I"m hoping someone can give me advice on...If you wish to email me...you can do so at [email protected] PM me...please help me I"m confused and don't know what to do anymore.

Barb04

Super Moderator
First, you need to clean the floor with a product like Nature's Miracle that takes out all smells so the dog won't be able to smell pee/poop on the floor/carpet. He may be eating his poop because he did that where he was before you got him. When you say you take him out to do his business, does he poop when he's out with you? If not, if a dog walks around or gets a bit of exercise, it will make him do his business. It may be by the time you bring him back in the house to bring the other dog out, he now is ready to do his business. Is it possible to take both dogs out at the same time?

R

RedyreRottweilers

It is not reasonable to expect an unsupervised puppy to know what he is to do.

Use a crate to confine him.

Reward all outdoor elimination with the highest value food rewards. Dogs do what works for them. Make outdoor elimination work REALLY WELL for your puppy.

Stay outdoors LONGER. If a puppy is eliminating every time you bring him inside, it should be quite clear to you that you are not staying outdoors long enough for him. Dogs will tell you most of the time what they need if you just pay attention and learn to understand. You are the one with the primate brain. USE IT. ;)

and last but not least, most any training information whatsoever is available online with a simple search.

:)

Members online

No members online now.