Question About Chinooks

chinchow

Fuzzy Pants
They will probably be bringing back the original breeds, if not others, into the gene pool. I'd expect to see some changes in appearance happening pretty soon. Simply because of the fact that some of these breeds used have changed a lot, so you're not going to be able to depend on mixing them with chinooks already existing to get the same dog. Hopefully, it helps the breed in the end, and they won't be staggering to survive.

The Chinook, IRC like the Alaskan Huskys are bred for their perfomance traits not looks. Other breeds are bred into the lines for their strengths to improve the working dogs.

Honey_Bear

Horses, Dogs, God-Love
They are gorgeous though! My gold dog is one. They are really strong, but really shy and timid when they are pups. They are really sensitive always and very smart. Very social. No human reaction or excericise will turn it into a lonely, jumpy dog. They demand lots of attention.

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
There is a breeder that I see quite often at the UKC shows here. They are GR CH as well as working (sledding and even one that has herding titles). They are Chinook bred to Chinook.

Members online

No members online now.