The boys caught kennel cough at the vet

Fran27

Yup... We boarded them at our vet for 10 days and they both came back coughing... and they are vaccinated for bordetalla :rolleyes: It's better now after a week but they still cough occasionally...

Crazy eh?

BostonBanker

Aw, that sucks. I had a foster puppy with kennel cough, and I finally had to give her meds just so I could sleep.

Of all the dogs I've known who had kennel cough, at least half had been vaccinated for it.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
let me know if they get nasal mucus..i am curious now. Of all the kennel cough i have seen and that is a few not counting Bronki's twice episode (and he was protected supposedly the last time) i never saw this that someone else posted theirs did on antother thread.

A super bummer, but not so weird. Sickly dogs always come into veterinary facilities (obviously), and the kennel cough vaccines only cover a small portion of the different strains.
Teeny had kennel cough last summer . . . maybe fall, can't remember. Either way, she had been vaccinated for it. My other dog, who she shares a water bowl with and who's mouth she licks incessantly (and no I didn't separate them during the week she was sick), and who ISN'T vaccinated for it never developed it.

It's like a cold. It happens. I gave Robitussin gel tabs twice a day for 5 days, and gave slippery elm three times a day for 10. But within 7 days it was gone.

Members online