Great Pyretriever

I think you missed the point, hon.... The people breeding them are attempting to improve how Pyrs, an LGD breed, react to judges in the ring. To make them easier to show for the inferior handlers. We weren't saying a thing about ringside Goldens--if you are mixing two breeds to put the temperament of one in the good looks of another to win in the ring, you wouldn't even need Champion Goldens to do it, they could be any BYB dogs with soft temperaments. It's the Great Pyrenees that would have to have good conformation.

No I had it reveresed then, and I still say its not happening. They are not using goldens to make pyrs better show dogs. You still have a genetics issue involving color and with that type of breeding loss of dew claws.
The do tend to select for a flashier dog for the show ring, often selecting for an incorrect temperament rather than a stoic non-reactive dog. But they are not using goldens to make pyrs "better" either.

I d on't know anything about show dogs, or cross breeding. Ignorant to all of that, but I will say that the GP is fine on its own. what does LGD stand for?

Oh, I didn't know that. She is quite the guardian. she watches of Lola like crazy. Always following her and sniffing her, and laying by her when she naps, watching over her.

H

HarleyD

Ok, so the neighbor wanted to breed his GR with your Pyr. Well, you could always get her spayed, bring her over and let good ol' smarty neighbor guy's GR "have his way" with her, bring her home, say she's pregnant a week later...then about 2 weeks before she'd be "due" you tell him all the pups miscarried. Tell him the GR genes screwed up the pups and they couldn't make it to term. All of this AFTER you charge him a huge stud fee! NO REFUNDS!!! :) Cruel, but fun...

(J/K It'd be way wrong to keep the money, but fun to see his face)

Members online

No members online now.