Found dog.

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
Found dog. *BACK WITH HER OWNER!*

So walking to work with Sierra today I see a dog wandering downtown. A dog I recognize and actually know through passing. It's Laska. She walks around downtown all the time, but leashed and WITH her owner. He was nowhere to be seen.

I know he's lost her once before, she'd broken her tie out, and he was worried sick. He called us at the store to see if we'd seen her and to keep an eye open, as well as calling every other potential place in town that may have her/see her.

I asked a random person on the street to help me take her to the store with me, and she gladly allowed him to lead her by her harness. (I had Sierra who was barking/growling up a storm at the strange dog, and so couldn't wisely lead her myself). And now she's downstairs in the grooming salon with some toys and water, whining up a storm for not being up here with me.

I called the humane society, but don't really want them to pick her up as I have a feeling her owner would not be able to afford the cost of claiming her from there. I also talked to a police officer patrolling downtown, who knows who I was talking about, and will put the word out that I have the gentlemans dog. I have no way to contact this man. I know his first name, and what he looks like, and that's about it.

I've even gotten creative and written on our signboard out front of the store "Laska is HERE! If you see John or know how to contact him, please tell him we have his dog. She's warm and safe but wants to go HOME!"

Vibes that he'll contact us or come in today please, I really don't want to have to keep her overnight here at the store :(

Oh and she's in heat. yay! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I've even gotten creative and written on our signboard out front of the store "Laska is HERE! If you see John or know how to contact him, please tell him we have his dog. She's warm and safe but wants to go HOME!"

Vibes that he'll contact us or come in today please, I really don't want to have to keep her overnight here at the store :(

Oh and she's in heat. yay! :rolleyes:
GOod for you, 5 stars good for you. Maybe he can take the money he would have had to bail her out with and get her fixed. IS there a cheap spay neuter clinic you can inform him of?

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
GOod for you, 5 stars good for you. Maybe he can take the money he would have had to bail her out with and get her fixed. IS there a cheap spay neuter clinic you can inform him of?
Unfortunately spay's on mature dogs cost $300+ around here, and there isn't a cheap spay neuter clinic :( He's the type of owner that really does put her first, and he takes great care of her, but I doubt spaying her is in his cards.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
dang. THat's just not right. EVEn at the shelter? You would think they would help provide something just so they didn't have to euth so much. I would call and ask.

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
dang. THat's just not right. EVEn at the shelter? You would think they would help provide something just so they didn't have to euth so much. I would call and ask.

HAHA OUR shelter? I'm flat out shocked that they wanted to pick her up! They're usually completely useless and unwilling to do even the most basic parts of their job (like picking up a stray animal).

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
Good news! He just came into the store to get her :) When he saw the animal control truck he asked if they'd seen her, and they told him she was here. Thank goodness all is well now :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
YAY!!!!!!! Hope he can get her fixed, even if it means driving to another area.

bubbatd

Wonderful news !!!! Did you get his number in case it happens again ??? Hope that she isn't preggie !

Members online

No members online now.