Finally Finished...

Brandyb

This piece took ages to finish. I kept getting it all wrong ... colours, shading - everything was blah. I was going to throw it out, but thought I'd try it once more. Totally changed the style, and I am now pleased to say its done, and I'm happy with it. Brandy's less intelligent young brother.

And I know this isn't a dog, but I just finished it as well, and wanted to see what you guys thought. Again, I'm happy with the result. Thanks for looking!

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Well, perhaps I am too bias, but I love them, especially the first! I get a real sense of character from the dog, it' s wonderful. :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
The top one is powerful and shows your abilities off with a strong impact..that one should bring you much well deserved business.the loon is nicely designed, the only thing i am fussy about when it comes to bird wings is the lay of the feathers, especially on the inside. But i am anal rententive about my birds so don't listen to me. The water being red totally rocks.

Brandyb

Thanks for your kind words everyone!!!! I really appreciate it!
Smkie - I totally understand about the feather thing - this is my first water fowl in a long time, and I wasn't quite going for the full realistic look (thank God). I'm that way about certain things when I draw dogs. If this were a graphite I would have been a lot more careful with the lay of the feathers.....but since I like to keep my acrylic fun and full of movement, I sacrifice certain elements. ;)

noludoru

Bored Now.
I like the loon.. it's missing something, though.. I think expression on the bird's face? Maybe I'm too tired tonight. :eek:

I love, love, LOVE the Bullmastiff(?). He's amazing. Is he yours? We're really going to need pictures. :D

Brandyb

LOL - thanks. Yes he's mine. Not a mastiff though, and Olde English Bulldogge.
Gotta say, not the brightest dog in the world, especially when compared to my JRT. He's had some major "issues" but this dog doesn't have a mean or aggressive bone in his body. just lots of fearful and anxious bones - LOL!!
here he is, Angel's Mack Truck (so appropriately named):

noludoru

Bored Now.
Ohh okay! I'm sorry I mistook him for a Bullmastiff. :eek: I'm not familiar with Olde English Buldogges. He is absolutely gorgeous though.. just stunning. He looks like so much fun to draw.

Members online

No members online now.