Poodles!

noludoru

Bored Now.
:lol-sign:

Hope you get a kick out of cleaning messy pants then. :p

Believe it or not, Frodo is 10x easier to take care of and live with than Izzy.
I do it all the time, actually.... *sigh* And I have a feeling Izzy is better about have her pants cleaned than Emma is. :yikes:

Giny

That clip does take some skills but not impossible to learn. You just need to have lots of scissor practice since it's all hand scissored, well except for the face, feet and base of tail. This is also a puppy so the coat texture is much different then an adult, which an adult's is a lot more curly, adult coat is easier to scissor but also much easier to mat up if not brushed regularly. If you want to keep a dog in that clip you'd have to brush at least every other day.

You can also do some clips that doesn't need as much upkeep, but still looks long and not shaved down, like a lamb clip.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Okay, you win Nolu :lol-sign:
I just tell Izzy "bath" when we get home and she runs into the bathroom and puts her front paws on the tub, waiting for me to lift her in. She stands till it's done, jump onto the towel for drying and is good to go.

Thanks Giny! I think I could learn and I like grooming as long as the dog sits well for it. Right now I have to brush Mollie at least once a day or she will mat up.
What's the difference between this clip and the lamb clip? I looked up pictures and they look the same...

Giny

Lamb clip you use a #4 or #5 blade on the torso area blending down the legs, the scissor the legs to blend in with the body. It's a lot quicker then a puppy clip and much easier to maintain since you really only have to brush the head, ears, legs and tail.

Whereas the the puppy clip in order to get the length you want you'd have to hand scissor the entire body.

This is an example of a lamb clip on Boomer. I used a five blade on his body.

Bigpoodleperson

Megan and Draco
It is pretty time intensive to keep a dog in a coat like that (esp. through puppy coat change)! I too prefer a clean face/feet, so i shave them about every 2 weeks. You would have to comb out the coat everyday for it to look like that (which would be the ideal anyways). I think they look georgous, but i could never devote the time for it. Obviously, a standard would take alot more time then a mini or toy poodle.
Im in the poodle loving camp too.;)

I have 3 toy poodles. they're the greatest.
I've read that poodles are all one breed of dog, but they have been divided into different sizes, and breed true to them. the original was the large one, the Standard, which was a water retriever from Germany. the poodle is actually a German dog, the word "poodle" comes from a German word that I'm going to mis-spell, "pudlen", which means "to splash".
anyway, some people decided that such a lovely breed might be bred into something a bit smaller, so the smallest dogs were bred to the smallest dogs until they had a "true" version of todays Miniature poodle. it measures 12-15" at the shoulder, whereas a Standard is 18+. after the miniature was granted official status, of course, the next thing to do was breed smaller still. this may or may not be true: it's alledged that some other toy breeds were involved in getting down to the current size for a toy now, and it has also been granted seperate status.
T-cups are not recognized, and don't breed true. my own dogs all had t-cups for daddies, about 3 1/2 lbs, and my dogs are 8, 9, and 11lbs respectively. the biggest one just barely misses being a miniature. their mothers were also tiny, in the area of about 6lbs.
breed standard for show calls for a solid colour coat, and specific styles of hair cuts, except for breeding dogs/bitches and puppies. show poodles may also be exhibited in corded coats, but they are rare. (one of my dogs is corded-anyone else have one-I'd love to compare notes) paris are becoming quite popular now as pets, but only as pets, and a particular coat pattern called, "phantom" is highly sought after by a breeder I know.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
paris are becoming quite popular now as pets, but only as pets, and a particular coat pattern called, "phantom" is highly sought after by a breeder I know.
Partis are recognized by the UKC.. and are eligible to be shown in conformation there. Due to not being recognized anywhere else, the competition is quite competitive. I know a breeder with partis that shows UKC and does AAC agility with hers locally.

I'm not familiar with that group you mentioned. the UKC. what is that, and where are they from? my big boy is technically a pari-he's solid black, with a white goatee. he's the corded one. but it would be nice to think that somewhere he could be recognized as just as authentic as his brother, who is grey/blue.
neither is registered with the Canadian Kennel Club because the breeder was, as she told me, "too lazy to do it".
I don't suppose it matters about that, what I was really looking for were dogs with health guarantees, unlike the one that I had, who was a genetic disaster. (puppy mill, but I didn't know it at the time).

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
my boys are all purebred, purchased on a non-breeding contract, so of course they are also neutered. I know that many bybs will not honour the non-breeding agreement, and I also know that you cannot register the offspring of such parents. it is also illegal to advertise them as "purebred". even if they technically are. however, I prefer to play by the rules.....

Members online